West Toronto Support Services (WTSS) is a non-profit agency providing community-based health and wellness services that improve the quality of life of clients and caregivers in West Toronto. WTSS programs and services include case management, transportation, home help, personal care, meals on wheels, community dining, wellness programs, escorted monthly outings, home & property maintenance services, respite care and day programs for seniors.
Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer – perform administrative works to support CEO including scheduling, maintaining files, computer database, correspondence, research and other special duties as required.
Assistant to Senior Managers –clerical, administrative and other support provided to contribute to service and team effectiveness.
Office Support – facilitate continuous improvement in office systems & procedures to ensure an efficient and productive operating environment.
Volunteer Services – recruit, select, train, supervise and guide volunteers at both WTSS locations and coordinate the Friendly Visiting/Telephone Assurance and Income Tax Programs. Provide monthly reports on statistics to Managers and ensure the efficient operation of department.
Full Cycle Recruitment – post jobs, book interviews, connect with hiring managers to ensure job descriptions, prepare employment offers.
Assistant/Support to the Meals on Wheels and Community Dining Coordinators - based on established policies and procedures provide support to both the Meals on Wheels and Community Dining programs.
- Minimum 1-year experience Administrative Clerk or equivalent
- College and/or University certificate/degree required
- Understanding senior and mental health issues
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to handle sensitive & confidential information appropriately and with discretion
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years experience in a comparable position within a not-for-profit organization
- Volunteer management certificate or comparable experience plus demonstrated volunteer development and supervisory skills
- Knowledge of volunteer management principles and practices
- Strong organizational skills, problem – solving skills and attention to detail
- Goal oriented with demonstrated project management abilities and administrative skills
- Detail oriented, highly organized and excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be able to work flexible hours including occasional evenings and weekends
- Computer literacy is required
- Valid driver’s license is required
Please submit your resume by Friday January 10, 2020 including a cover letter.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- office administration: 1 year (Preferred)