DAYS, EVENINGS AND NIGHTS
JUNE 18, 2020
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Pandemic Support Person provides support for the operational needs of the Hospital during declared pandemic
situations. The Pandemic Support Person position involves a very high degree of interaction with patients, staff and the
general public. This position involves considerable professionalism, judgment and sensitivity as conversations with
patients, families, staff and community professionals may be emotionally charged at times due to the stress caused by the
pandemic. The Pandemic Support Person must use good judgment and respond appropriately.
KEY ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Screens patients, staff and/or visitors at hospital entrances
- Provides wayfinding and other information to visitors and patients
- Supports patient flow in and out of clinics
- Ensures entrants perform hand hygiene and don Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as appropriate
- Delivers resources and materials to support the operations of the Hospital
- Complies with Infection prevention and control practices and use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Supports patient safety and improves the patient experience
- Complies with evidence-based practices and standards
- Reports on risks and adverse events
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
Secondary School Diploma required
Ability to follow standards, processes and procedures
Abe to be thorough and probing with questioning as necessary
Able to gather, record, and track statistical data
Able to maintain confidentiality and privacy with respect to all information
Good interpersonal and communication skills
Ability to listen, understand, and respond appropriately to a wide range of stakeholders
Capable of handling difficult or emotional conversations with tact and professionalism
FRENCH LANGUAGE SERVICE DESIGNATION:
Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset
Criminal Reference Check including the Vulnerable Sector Check:
recent within three (3) months is a requirement
Interested candidates are asked to submit an application form and/or resume with a copy of this job posting
with completed qualification checked off ✔ beside each qualification you hold.
For an opportunity to be part of our exciting future, please submit your
resume and covering letter quoting the posting number to:
email@example.com no later than: Thursday, June 25, 2020 at noon
This Position will remain posted until the successful applicants are selected.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest.
An acknowledgement will be sent only to those candidates who will be interviewed.
North Bay Regional Health Centre is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require an accommodation for disability during any stage of the
recruitment process, please indicate this in your application.