Mountain Home Services located in Lake Country B.C is currently seeking to fill a full time seasonal Landscape Horticulturist position this summer. Certification (Horticulturist Cert.) is not mandatory but is expected to be acquired during employment & is available through Okanagan College.
We offer a great team atmosphere, weekends off, and potential for year-round work within our snow removal or commercial cleaning departments.
Hiring for Mon-Fri crew. ~30-40h/week.
$22.00 - Actively enrolled in a credible Horticulturist program.
$26.00 - Certified Horticulturist
(Wage is negotiable based on your level of experience)
Season: ASAP - Dec 1 (Weather permitting)
Successful applicants will demonstrate they have common sense, a good work ethic, and will be able to maintain a positive and professional demeanor while at work. The ability to speak English fluently is required. A valid drivers license or sufficient transportation to the start location (Lake Country area) is also required. It is very important that applicants can take direction and feedback effectively.
Responsibilities & Duties Include:
- Accurate identification and proper care of plants & shrubs, providing the appropriate maintenance throughout the season.
- Mulching beds, adjusting irrigation, monitoring plants for diseases and pests. Monitoring that irrigation is working correctly.
- Installing new plants, edging, or landscape features as requested by clients.
- Ensuring safety is emphasized and work is conducted safely.
- Working with an eye to detail, providing a high-quality service to all clients.
- Careful attention to the specific requests/desires of our clients.
- Reliability for the duration of the season is a must, punctuality is also essential.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $22.00-$27.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Do you have a Horticulture Certification?
- Landscape Installation: 1 year (preferred)
- General Landscaping: 1 year (preferred)
- Drivers Licence (required)