TVH is seeking a self motivated, articulate, Customer Development Representative to develop and foster effective customer relationships and sales opportunities while providing regular and consistent value added communication with new and existing customers.
TVH Canada Ltd. is a dynamic, successful international company with a clear vision on customer & employee centricity. We are passionate about fostering a challenging & rewarding environment for our employees which promotes teamwork, growth & development, creativity and initiative. Visit our careers page to learn more about the unique benefits offered by TVH and take our virtual tour.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Grow and maintain customers including taking inbound and making outbound calls to a variety of existing and potential customers, while meeting the minimum outbound talk time required daily
- Leverage knowledge of sales processes for the material handling or industrial parts industries to identify customer needs, present all appropriate products and services
- Build and foster effective customer relationships and sales opportunities to support meeting required sales objectives
- Identify and convert leads to customers
- Develop low value, new and/or inactive customers
- Navigate and research information within company ERP and CRM systems to check product price and availability, correspond and enter customer feedback and/or action items
- Leverage established TVH parts, sales and customer relations processes, concepts, and systems to provide effective and timely customer service
- Complete (and may lead) well defined small basic or moderately complex tasks and/or projects
- Develop working relationships with departments across the company including Sales, Marketing, Pricing and Accounting
- Work collaboratively with customers and team members to achieve departmental and balanced scorecard objectives
Knowledge and Skills
- Post secondary education with a focus on business administration
- Demonstrate proficient understanding of the material handling and industrial parts industry, parts, customers, suppliers and vendors
- Demonstrate proficient understanding and demonstrating inside sales techniques including cold calling, customer qualification and customer acquisition
- Demonstrate proficient knowledge and ability to handle credit card processing
- Demonstrate proficiency using a company ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and CRM (customer relationship management) system
- Demonstrate proficiency using Microsoft Word and Excel along with G-Suite Products
- Possess strong and keen business acumen.
- Possess strong time management and organizational skills.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills and be a “Team Player”.
- Demonstrate ability to share knowledge with other team members
- Demonstrate effective organizational, time management, and follow up skills
- Must be team oriented and possess a positive attitude, with a demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with others
Working Conditions and Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. TVH is currently operating on a hybrid remote office schedule (3 days in office, 2 days remote). Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Most activities will be performed in an office environment that is climate controlled.
- The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
TVH offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and RRSP contribution matching. Don’t wait a minute longer. Apply today to join the TVH team!
TVH seeks to ensure that all recruiting processes are non-discriminatory and barrier-free and will provide accommodations to applicants in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you require.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON L5W 0H2: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Customer service: 3 years (preferred)
- Sales: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person