Scratch Restaurants started when Chefs Phillip Frankland Lee and Margarita Kallas-Lee decided they wanted to put their personal spin on what a restaurant concept could be. Although each of their concepts are independent and unique from one another, the constant thread that ties all of Scratch Restaurants together is the dedication to the artisanal “from scratch” approach to hospitality. Currently featuring and expanding our Sushi | Bar and Pasta | Bar tasting menu concepts.
Sushi by Scratch Restaurants is seeking a Bartender who is creative, outgoing, professional, engaging, and willing to learn. Scratch Restaurants are not your traditional restaurant environments, we are a unique fine dining restaurant group, with 10 guests at a time, providing an intimate experience and enjoying some of the best sushi and sake that money can buy!
The ideal candidate will be able to create a unique and interesting cocktail program to compliment the cuisine. You will also be required to understand the steps of service and provide support where needed, outside of your beverage responsibilities. Knowledge of Japanese spirits, sake and beer is not required but will become a requirement with employment.
With six currently operating outlets, and more on the way, this is a great opportunity for a Bartender to join a team primed for growth!
Bilingual in French and English for our Montreal Location
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Minimum of 2+ years’ where your primary responsibility was to curate a cocktail program
- Server and / or service experience
- Certified in all safety, sanitation, and food handling procedures.
- English language, professional communications, math, and computer skills are required.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (minimum of 12 hours / day).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
· Maintain a cleanly work space at all times.
- Work efficiently and quietly
- Must have the ability to adapt and improvise with a positive attitude
- Ensure that all prep work and mise en place is completed in time for service.
- Professional and respectful communication with team members and management.
- Ensuring your pars and equipment are always clean and on hand.
- Communicating to management in a timely manner following product / beverage ordering guidelines
- Attendance to all employee meetings is required.
- Polishing glassware
- Providing support during service
- Engaging with guests and ensuring a great experience
What we offer:
- Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by restaurant environmental systems; however, must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (- 10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more
- Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 8 hours in length.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability to reach other departments of the restaurant on a timely basis.
- Must be able to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. frequently.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space and to reach other locations of the building on a timely basis.
- Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
- Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening & hearing ability and visual acuity.
- Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and subordinates.
- Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
- Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
- Compensation $70K-80K CAD
- Dining discounts per quarter
- Universal Healthcare
- Paid Holidays
- Continuing Educational Reimbursement after 1 year
- Career Advancement and more !