Objectives: To work with residents of LifeHouse Transitional Housing and Emergency Shelter and women in crisis to provide guidance and support to improve their quality of life. Additionally, to implement a comprehensive Case Management Process to enable identification of wrap around and outreach services for each resident. To provide compassion and safety to all guests of LifeHouse and to maintain a clean, secure facility.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate daily intake of guests.
- After-hours and crisis intakes.
- Maintain building security.
- Daily inspection for supplies, cleanliness, etc.
- Ensure LifeHouse is running effectively with appropriate staff and volunteers in place.
- Responsible for coordinating staff and volunteers.
- Arrange and attend regular staff meetings.
- Oversee support and advocacy for the residents of LifeHouse.
- Provide regular feedback to the designated Director of BGC Management.
- All administrative duties as required.
- Attend to crises as they arise during non-office hours. Contact On-Call staff in event of a major crisis.
- Coordinate with existing outreach services in Summerside and surrounding Prince County area to provide guests with appropriate resources.
- Prioritize work, attending to the most urgent needs of the residents first.
- Work unsupervised.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Any other duties as requested.
Contract length: 12 months
Application deadline: 2021-06-24
BGC Summerside provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: From $28.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Extended health care
- On-site childcare
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program