Pathology Laboratory Manager Confidential
Are you a collaborative and innovative laboratory leader ready for your next opportunity?
The Position and You
We are looking for a Pathology Laboratory Manager who is committed to providing high-quality, cost-effective, clinically relevant and timely diagnostic services to all patients and clients. The Pathology Manager is responsible for the successful planning, development, administration, and execution of daily laboratory operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES
Budget, Planning and Operations You will utilize your expertise to provide insight and drive strategic operational improvement initiatives such as improved cost reduction, procurement and other process initiatives that add value.
- Prepares and presents business cases to support capital acquisitions
- Establishes short and long-term goals
- Monitors and reports on risk management activities
Total Quality Management You will develop, recommend and implement strategies and continuous improvement plans and processes that align with the business goals.
- Responsible for a continuous competency assessment system
- Measures and reports performance metrics
- Monitors the laboratory’s effective participation and performance in external proficiency testing and accreditation programs
- Engages with the Quality Management team / annual internal audit ensuring that corrective actions are implemented and documented
- Participates in the annual Quality Management System Review
Human Resources You will partner with Human Resources on recruiting and on-boarding.
- Oversees the orientation of new employees
- Completes and communicates performance appraisals
- Promotes and supports inclusion and diversity
- Effectively manages conflict resolutions
- Demonstrates positive employee relations
- CMLTO certified
- 5 – 7 years pathology laboratory leadership experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with a document control system is an asset
- Strong quality focus
- Experience with a pathology specimen tracking system preferred
- Effective management of Health & Safety programs to ensure compliance with legislative requirements
SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Fosters relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Liaison with MOH, HSO/1QMH, CMLTO, vendors and waste management providers
- Demonstrates exemplary leadership, mentoring and team-building skills
- Dedicated to developing best practices through creating, monitoring and adhering to SOPs
- Successfully manages competing priorities ensuring deliverables are met
We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- laboratory management: 5 years (required)
- IQMH, HSO, MOH: 5 years (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-04-06