If you’re looking for a role where your contribution makes an impact in the communities in which we live and work, then we may have a role for you. Paralynx Engineering is hiring a project coordinator | electrical engineer designer for the building and construction industry. We’re located in Kelowna, in the beautiful Okanagan Valley. As the project coordinator, you’ll drive our team in designing and powering up a wide array of projects. See the wineries, restaurants, hotels, offices, gyms, car dealerships, and other projects where you played an essential role in getting them open and serving the community.
About the Company and Location
Paralynx Engineering is a small consulting firm that designs electrical solutions for buildings and projects throughout the communities where we work and play. We work collaboratively with other disciplines, and enjoy a friendly, respectful, and helpful work environment. Paralynx is conveniently located in downtown Kelowna.
Kelowna is well known for its pristine lakes, sandy beaches, abundant parkland, glorious mountains, internationally recognized vineyards and wineries, and a multitude of outdoor recreational opportunities. Kelowna offers a more relaxed, smaller-city vibe.
The project coordinator drives the team. Your role is to keep projects organized and moving smoothly by ensuring that the team has everything needed to work effectively and efficiently. You’ll use your exceptional organizational, communication, and software skills to support the team in successfully delivering projects.
Your responsibilities as an electrical project coordinator would include:
- Facilitate planning and communications between Paralynx and project stakeholders. You’ll chase down specifications, equipment lists, change orders, and other important documents, and talk with stakeholders about project goals and objectives.
- Identify potential issues and risks.
- Provide construction support by phone, email, and in-person. This includes answering questions, monitoring progress, managing change requests, scheduling meetings, and performing other administrative tasks.
- Document project issues and decisions.
- Electronically file communications, drawings, submissions, change orders, and other project documents.
- Apply basic electrical and problem-solving principles to construction challenges and to propose potential solutions.
- Represent Paralynx in meetings, ensuring that project requirements and objectives are captured and communicated to the team.
- Conduct site visits to ensure that the projects are staying on track, identify or resolve potential issues. Please note you’ll need a valid Canadian driver’s license and a reliable vehicle.
- Perform design tasks and other related tasks that support the team and project stakeholders in the design of electrical distribution systems, lighting, life safety, and security systems. This includes creating electrical drawings, performing calculations, completing utility applications, and more.
This job comes with an annual salary of $48,152 to $72,488, based on factors including experience in the industry, skill sets, and certifications. Paralynx offers an annual health care spending account at no cost to the employee, a per-km compensation for site visits, and a flexible start time each day. There is potential to earn both individual performance and company bonuses.
What To Expect
- To work on a wide variety of projects, which may include condos and townhomes, medical clinics, wineries, car dealerships, restaurants, industrial processing facilities, hotels, and more.
- The opportunity to build and develop your skill sets. This includes technical skills, collaboration skills, multi-tasking abilities, and communication skills.
- To gain or increase experience interfacing with cross-functional teams, such as mechanical engineers, civil and structural engineers, architects, electricians, general contractors, lighting designers, and more.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Required: education and industry experience as an electrical engineer or electrical technologist.
- Minimum : 1+ years of experience in the construction industry (3+ years preferred). Paralynx Engineering designs on the secondary electrical network (transformer to consumer).
- Required: Experienced and knowledgeable in reading engineering drawings.
- Preferred: 1 to 3 years of industry experience in project coordination.
- Excellent English language communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Efficient and knowledgeable in the use of computers and software, including the ability to quickly pick up new software.
Traits required to be successful in this role include:
- Excellent listener.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Self-directed with great initiative.
- A superior and demonstrated attention to detail, with a proven ability to work with a high degree of accuracy.
- Exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- The ability to multi-task effectively, without sacrificing accuracy or thoroughness.
- Superb collaboration skills with people of diverse backgrounds and personalities; respectful, tactful, and able to work effectively in a team environment.
- The ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
The Application Process
Please apply by answering the pre-screening questions before including your resume and a cover letter that highlights your outstanding qualities for this role. Thank you for your interest.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $48,152.00-$72,488.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kelowna, BC V1Y 2E5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- (Required) How would you rate your AutoCAD abilities (0 = none, 10 = expert)?
- (Required) Do you have experience reading construction engineering drawings, and if so, how many years?
- (Required) Site visits are a part of this role. Do you have a valid Canadian driver's license and a reliable vehicle?
- (Required) Do you currently hold a valid registration with EGBC or other Canadian provincial licensing body for engineers? If so, which one?
- Commercial construction: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person