Are you an individual that has a passion for making a difference?
We are passionate about ‘Making Every Moment Matter.” We are seeking a candidate that shares our values - a person who has a passion to make a difference, who has a strong moral compass and has a commitment to teamwork.
We are passionate about providing compassionate care for families' loved ones, where the residents of our home come before anything else. Our values follow a ‘People’ focused Philosophy, P*articipation Excellence Openness Performance Longevity E*fficient Use of Resources. This philosophy can be seen in every aspect and level of our home.
The Executive Director directs and maintains the overall operations of the home activities, both internal and external and is responsible for the day-to-day delivery of services to residents and their families. The Executive Director will work in collaboration with the Home’s senior management team assisting in the development of the mission, vision and value statement for the corporation and individual Home. They will review these pillars annually and set forward goals and objectives. The Executive Director will provide guidance, direction, and supervision to the Home.
- Mobilizes Management Team to achieve the goals for the home.
- Has the authority to hire, direct, reprimand, suspend and discharge associates
- Is able to manage unionized associates within the framework of the collective agreement
- Prepares annual operational and capital budgets and monitors performance monthly against them
- Responsible for the day to day operations of the home
- Meets with Residents/families to resolve problems/concerns/complaints and reviews suggestions and communicates on a regular basis with the Residents and their families
- Attends Resident meetings as requested in order to discuss concerns/complaints and suggestions
- Develops proper fire safety and emergency procedures for implementation in the normal operation of the home
- Deals personally with any federal, provincial or municipal inspections; responds to areas of non-compliance and recommendations
- Maintains a consistent focus on targeted marketing and leasing results
- Completes performance reviews on all direct reports annually
- Responds to complaints as required, ensuring that the Long-Term Care Homes Act is followed
- Assigns, delegates and evaluates the activities of the nursing department
- Implements and monitors quality improvement
- Responsible for the recruitment of associates
- Provides ongoing associate education
- Maintains the staffing schedules
At our Long Term Care Centre we take pride in our employees, so your qualifications are important to us. Your qualifications give us a chance to get to know you and see if we are a good fit for each other. The qualifications needed to join our family are as follows:
- Post secondary degree from a program that is a minimum of three (3) year in duration or a post secondary diploma in health or social services from a program that is a least two (2) years
- Completed or enrolled in long term care administration management course that is at least one hundred (100) hours in duration of instruction time.
- Proven management experience in LTC
- Good written communication skills
- Knowledge of basic accounting
- Working knowledge of computer applications, labour relations and applicable legislation
- Positive working attitude
- Has demonstrated leadership and communication skills
- Has at least three (3) years working experience in a managerial or supervisory capacity in the health or social services sector or in another managerial or supervisory capacity (any field) if he or has successfully completed the long term care administrator or management program.
- Or must have held an Administrator position at a different LTCH without meeting the updated qualifications set out in the Regulation, on the condition that the person has had (3) years full-time experience in the position during the (5) years immediately before being hired at the different LTCH or the equivalent part-time experience in the position during the (7) years immediately before being hired at the different LTCH.
- Has a strong understanding of organization-wide information practices; both internal and external flow of information; data collection tools; and information systems.
- Knowledge of applicable privacy legislation, especially the Personal Health Information Protection Act, 2004 (“PHIPA”), privacy expectations and information privacy technologies, in order to ensure that the Home is up-to-date and compliant with current and emerging requirements and standards.
- Knowledge of privacy practices, concepts, trends and issues, as well as an understanding of their impact on business processes.
- Expertise in the interpretation and communication of principles and compliance requirements.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Experience in managing complex projects
Why work with us?
Working with us provides a way to make a difference in someone’s life every single day, and an opportunity to make every moment matter. We as an organization are committed to providing our employees with everything they need to be successful, such as support that allows our employees to grow and prosper.
How to apply?
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and references. We look forward to speaking with you, and making every moment count!
Our organization takes the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities into account during the position summary review process. Employees are required to notify their director manager/supervisor if they have any particular accessibility needs and the organization will work with the employee to address them.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent