Cambium is a successful consulting and engineering company built on quality people doing great work in a rewarding environment. It’s our team that makes us unique. And…our team is growing! We are currently seeking a Geotechnical/Construction Testing and Inspection Technician to join our group in Peterborough, Oshawa, Barrie or Kingston.
- Conducting field work associated with a wide range of geotechnical projects including, borehole drilling, test pitting, granular compaction testing using nuclear density gauge, testing and monitoring placement of concrete, compaction testing and placement monitoring of asphalt, aggregate and material sampling at job site, independent field reviews of various stages of civil construction, sampling of media, observing and monitoring work practices on construction and development projects, surveys and assessments, and supporting intrusive investigations.
- Filing and management of all project related field notes including some data entry and assistance with report preparation and writing.
- Collection of field data, including interviewing of third parties, and compilation of field notes, and photographs.
- Coordinate and liaison with contractors, and vendors.
- Geotechnical Technician Diploma or Civil Engineer Technology program, and/or 1-5 years relevant experience
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Additional ASSETS
- CCIL – Category “0” Concrete Technician
- Category “C” Aggregate Technician, CCIL
- Category “B” Asphalt Technician
Cambium welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Our team is different. From camping trips and movie nights, to company ball-hockey tournaments in the parking lot, our team likes to have a good time together.
Our team is hard-working. You’ll need to be flexible and able to switch priorities frequently. Sometimes the days are long. But you are always compensated for your efforts, including a minimum 3 weeks of vacation for new, full-time team members.
Our team is proud. Flexible scheduling. Donating a portion of our net income each year to local causes and events. Winning awards. You’ll find it easy to feel good about Cambium.
If you want to read about a few of the benefits of working for Cambium, check out our Careers page: http://cambium-inc.com/about/careers.
- Flexible working hours
- Employee assistance programs
- Company events & social hours
- On-site parking
- Casual dress
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $32,000.00 to $49,000.00 /year
- relevant work: 1 year (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)