Plexxus is a not-for-profit shared services organization which provides value added services to its Member and Customer hospitals.
Plexxus provides Logistics (Distribution, In-Hospital Logistics, Purchasing, Product Support, Accounts Payable), Strategic (Sourcing, Spend Management, Supplier Management, Contract Management, Innovation & Strategic Partnerships) and Support and Enablement (Information Technology, Data
Governance & Management, Customer Relationship Management, Corporate (Human Resources, Finance), Customer Support services.
VISION: Plexxus is the leading shared service organization in Canadian healthcare.
MISSION: Plexxus relentlessly delivers value to its Members and Customers through service excellence.
VALUES: Excellence, Responsive, Accountable, Collaborative
Plexxus serves a diverse group of hospitals consisting of specialty, community based, academic and research hospitals. Plexxus Member hospitals include: Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital, Lakeridge Health, North York General, Sinai Health, St. Joseph’s Health Centre, Scarborough Health
Network, Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Michael Garron Hospital, University Health Network, and Women’s College Hospital. Plexxus Customer hospitals include: Campbellford Memorial Hospital, Haliburton Highlands Health Services, Mackenzie Health, Markham Stouffville Hospital, Northumberland Hills Hospital, Peterborough Regional Health Centre, Ross Memorial Hospital, Royal Victoria Regional Health Centre, Southlake Regional Health Centre, and Stevenson Memorial Hospital.
We are recruiting a Supervisor, Logistics to work at North York General Hospital. The Supervisor will provide leadership and direction for the supply chain and logistics operations, inventory management, replenishment and be broadly responsible for the following:
- Responsible for directing the logistics staff and leading them in a team-oriented approach with a major focus on customer service
- Support the Logistics Manager in daily assignment of duties to logistics support staff
- Manage end to end processes at the cart level for the low unit of measure stockless program between the customer and the Distribution Centre including analysis of usage/quota reports and cart optimization
- Conduct regularly scheduled supply cart reviews to optimize supply and inventory levels. Review results and gain consensus with clinical partners to implement changes
- Monitor and control of inventory levels, reorder points, product movement and departmental usages and charges
- Manage the timely and accurate flow of all stock and non-stock material within Receiving, Shipping, Stores and Distribution areas
- Ensure that staffing levels are sufficient in order to provide excellent customer service; assist with recruitment, development and training of staff. Provides input for performance development, discipline and annual performance review for staff
- Acts as the hospital e-Requisitioning Administrator for North York General Hospital. Responsible for setting up all new users; providing primary on-site training and support
- Work closely with in-hospital purchasing staff to ensure the continuity and full integration of all functions
- Manage and assist staff to ensure awareness, understanding and application of policies & procedures
- Ensure all processes, transactions and external business relationships are in accordance with policy, procedure and the highest of ethical standards
- Ensure all required health and safety practices related to the employees, working environment, and equipment are proactively managed
- Responsible for year-end physical inventory count and cycle counts in Stores in collaboration with Logistics Manager and provides input on final reporting to Finance
- Minimum of three (3) years experience involved in coordinating staff or on the job training in leading a Supply Chain team with demonstrated ability to develop a structured approach to process improvement and problem solving
- Experience in hospital sector is preferred
- Demonstrated skills in planning and organizing along with strong time management, problem solving and communication skills
- Strong conceptual skills with the ability to understand and accurately interpret all functional indicators impacting customer service
- Assertive and ability to work using own initiative
- Ability to balance the needs of the customer while keeping in mind the constraints of the business
- Highly proficient in technology, software applications and ERP systems
- Ability to make independent decisions and initiate action
- Strong listening and presentation skills to effectively communicate strategies, plans and needs
- Supply Chain accreditation with CITT or The Logistics Institute
- Community college program in Logistics, Supply Chain or Materials Management
While Plexxus thanks all applicants, we advise only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Plexxus is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applicants who are selected for an interview are advised that accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes used in the selection process.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $62,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
Safety guidelines as outlined by the provincial government.
- Hospital sector: 2 years (preferred)
- Time management: 2 years (preferred)
- Leadership: 3 years (preferred)
- coordination: 3 years (preferred)