Unilock is currently looking for talented inside architectural sales professionals to join our commercial sales team.
Reporting to the Director of Commercial Strategy, the Inside Sales Commercial Account Manager is responsible for initiating, developing and maintaining strong relationships with specifiers and designers in the architectural and engineering communities. Applying extensive product, technical and application expertise, these individuals aim to influence new specifications for Unilock products and hold existing ones though the bidding process to final installation.
Unilock was the first company to introduce the concept of interlocking segmental paving stones to North America in 1972 and continues to lead the industry with proprietary manufacturing technologies and designs for outdoor pavers and walls.
Unilock products are relied on by architects, landscape architects and engineers to create world-class commercial spaces across North America, as well as by homeowners and contractors for residential projects.
A family-owned, Canadian company, the Unilock corporate headquarters is located in Toronto Ontario with seven regional operations located in New York, Boston, Buffalo, Chicago, Cleveland, Detroit, and Georgetown Ontario.· The corporate marketing group operates as a shared service which provides strategic marketing leadership and supports the business efforts of the seven regional offices, each with its own General Manager and financial targets.
- Proactively build the commercial sales project pipeline and Unilock market share within a defined geographic region.
- Mine a variety of commercial project databases and other online resources to identify high value new business prospects, and provide intelligence to improve the success of Inside and Outside sales rep efforts.
- Respond to inbound leads generated through all demand generation programs
- Initiate contact with landscape architects, architects, spec writers, owners, construction managers and general contractors who are not currently Unilock customers, and arrange in person appointments for outside Commercial Sales Representatives.
- Assist in gathering information to support ongoing commercial projects, and in doing so build positive long term relationships with these important existing customers.
- Actively track and maintain pipeline opportunities from early design stages and log all activity through the construction process in the designated customer relationship management (CRM) system.
- Analyse market share opportunities and forecast market conditions within the assigned territory.
- Present CEU webinars to the regional design community on a regular basis.
- Support and assist other commercial sales team members
- Develop and maintain an expert level of knowledge of hardscaping systems, solutions and competition in the market
- Participate in ongoing training to increase professional growth and job effectiveness
- Achieve assigned KPI’s and quota on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Participate in conferences, trade shows and other networking events as required
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years AEC industry account management sales experience
- Must have strong communication skills (listening, verbal and written), be comfortable in a high-volume fast-paced environment (e.g., prospecting, following up)
- A demonstrated ability to meet and exceed sales quotas and targets
- Consistent track record of developing new business and the managing sales cycle, from generating leads through bidding process
- Previous experience navigating government agencies and/or large corporation to seek out decision makers and achieve the proper approval process
- A good awareness of the sales process with the ability to understand and interpret customer needs using fact-finding to identify sales opportunities. A strong understanding of decision making during the design to construction process
- Must be able to work well without direct supervision and also as part of an overall team
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and prior experience using a CRM Solution
- Ability to travel to the United States (less than 5% of time)
- Self-starter and goal-oriented
- Desire to compete and win.
Job Type: Full-time