Starting salary at $16.68 per hour, you'll be provided with affordable accommodation at $9.50 per day with free cafeteria meal every working day.
www.lakelouisejobs.com for other great Hotel Jobs !
The Grounds Person position at The Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise is for an individual who is passionate for the mountain environment with a strong desire to perform outdoor work. Work shifts allow those to pursue outdoor recreation, while still maintaining the very diverse, physically challenging, and learning atmosphere the Grounds Dept. offers.
Embrace your passion for hiking, skiing, snowboarding and many other outdoor activities in Banff National Park while pursuing a fulfilling career at Fairmont Chateau Lake Louise. Take a risk, make a change and experience a new adventure while further developing your career. To live and work in a National Park is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Our team is a network of empowered individuals with a strong sense of themselves and the hospitality industry. Work hard, play hard and receive extraordinary benefits including subsidized onsite accommodations, which make saving money very easy to manage. Join our Fairmont family today!
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Ground Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Landscaping and upkeep of Chateau Grounds and exterior surroundings
- Snow removal – mechanical and physical
- Work at height on roofs with ropes and harnesses
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the Hotel health and safety program
- Compliance with all Fairmont Environmental policies and programs
- Daily vehicle/equipment operation & maintenance checks, ability to operate standard transmission
- Other reasonable duties as assigned
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the hotel health and safety program
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required
- Other reasonable duties as assigned
- Mandatory valid Alberta drivers license
- Mandatory drivers abstract certifying clean driving record
- Previous landscaping and Grounds maintenance experience with strong environmental practices
- Previous skid-steer operating experience, winter and summer seasons
- Displays initiative and productivity
- Must comply with Fairmont grooming policies
- Must possess safe work habits with an awareness of safe work procedures regarding hazardous products, chemicals, tools, and equipment
- Current WHIMIS certification is an asset
- Current certification in First Aid/CPR is an asset
- Proper safety foot wear is mandatory, must possess steel toe work boots
- Mechanically inclined
- Strong ability to work within and contribute to a team effort
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
- Ability to move heavy objects
- Lifting and Carrying 44-66 lbs
- Pushing and Pulling 75 lbs
- Bending, kneeling and repetitive tasks/movements
- Working in variety of Mountain weather conditions, with temperature ranges of -30c to +30c
Visa Requirements: Candidates must hold the proper work authorization, in order to legally work in Canada.
APPLY TODAY: We encourage you to visit our website to learn more about living and working in Lake Louise!www.lakelouisejobs.com
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resort we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That's why you'll find exceptional work opportunities - throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific - as well as industry - leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London's The Savoy, New York's The Plaza, and Shanghai's Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award - winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: $16.68 /hour
- Groundskeeping: 1 year (Preferred)