Job title :
PERMANENT FULL TIME
Are you a confident self-starter with exceptional communication, interpersonal skills and attention to detail? We are seeking a Leasing Analyst to join our team. With a client focus and strong team work, this position also requires great organization and analytical skills.
About the role:
The Leasing Analyst coordinates the administrative processes associated with all department contracts including leases and those required for leased site support services (e.g. janitorial, repairs/maintenance, renovations) and for professional/consulting services as required.
Some duties of the position:
Some of the Benefits of Joining Interior Health:
- Coordinates and develops a variety of legal agreements including lease agreements, amendments and support service contracts and professional service contracts as required for the department.
- Ensures that the contract has an approved funding source, and that the appropriate cost centre is noted on the contract.
- Ensures that the contract consistently follows standardized templates in accordance with IH policies, insurance and indemnity provisions, payment schedules, etc. and coordinates appropriate review prior to execution.
- Initiates and maintains the lease renewal process including review of lease details that would impact renewal process. Coordinates with appropriate stakeholders and maintains information in the leasing database, ProLease, to track progress of the renewal including setting critical date reminders.
- Works with the contractor to ensure that all of the appropriate information is identified for the contract (e.g. certificate of insurance, WorkSafe BC coverage) and that the contract is signed-off and distributed to the appropriate parties.
- Coordinates the completion of the monthly recurring payment schedules, and ensures that the payments agree to the contract.
- Coordinates the development and maintenance of contract controls and processes to ensure that contract terms/conditions, deliverables, and milestones are met.
- Oversees the department monitoring of the contractor’s service throughout the contract term to ensure that contract controls and processes are met including maintaining the leasing database, ProLease, as well as electronic and paper files.
- Conducts financial reviews where required including annual reconcilations for common area maintenance, property taxes for leased sites, and identifying and providing recommendations on ways to reduce costs where appropriate.
- Assists, where required, with contract service delivery issues, and works with the contractor, the Department, and the appropriate program on a solution including escalating to the Strategic Business Advisor or Strategic Business Consultant when appropriate.
- Provides custom information requests and reporting to management as required including regular monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Creates Purchase Orders for work including supporting Capital Planning.
- Conducts a first review of contract invoices prior to payment, to ensure invoices are correct. Obtains appropriate approvals and ensures payments are made on time.
- Works with other business groups including Accounts Payable, Accounts Recievable and Business Support to ensure vendor information, cost center information, rent information is up to date.
- Maintains the Master Facility List for all owned and leased properties including coordinating regular updates being shared with stakeholder.
- Reviews lease requirements and works with appropriate contractor to determine required support service contracts (e.g. janitorial, security monitoring).
- Maintain department process documents on a regular basis.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
An attractive remuneration package and excellent career prospects await the right candidate. We offer one of the best benefit packages and pension plans in Canada. In addition to Medical, Dental and Extended Health coverage, we also offer paid annual vacation starting at 4 weeks (20 days) up to a maximum of 7 weeks (35 days). We also offer an attractive defined employee pension plan, disability and life insurance, and options for maternity &/or paternity leave top-up.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
Education, Training, and Experience
- Graduation from a recognized business,urban land economics or public administration program
- Five years of related work experience
- Or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated leadership ability and highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to client focused services and teamwork with direct experience working collaboratively and effectively with programs.
- Ability to integrate administrative, professional and operational aspects of the department throughout in an effective and efficient manner.
- Demonstrated financial management and analysis skills including benchmarking and market trends.
- Valid driver’s license and use of a personal vehicle to facilitate travel within a multi-site organization.
- Familiar with developing a variety of legal documents specifically related to commercial leases and real estate.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.