Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides customer service, under the direction of the OGT Sales Director and Office Manager, in a timely manner via several means which include email, face to face interaction, telephone and live chat.
- Acts as a liaison between customers and management in order to enhance the overall customer experience.
- Analyzes complaints from customers and provides adequate resolutions.
- Tracks proposed resolutions and follows up with customers in a timely fashion.
- Prepares documents, fills out order sheets and reports.
- Embraces and understands what good customer service means.
- Develops and maintains vast knowledge of the products and services being offered.
- Conduct surveys regarding products, services and customer service experiences.
- Communicates customer feedback to various teams in order to improve the overall customer experience.
- Help oversee retail and after market sales (online and phone)
- Assist with product inventory and demo’s.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Has a good understanding of basic computer skills and the ability to learn how to use proprietary software quickly.
- Possesses the ability to communicate effectively in person, over the phone and via text.
- Has strong leadership skills and the ability to work with others to resolve customer complaints.
- Exhibits self-motivation, the ability to multitask and pay close attention to small details.
- Can think logically to provide answers to customer questions as well as resolutions for various issues that may arise.
- Exhibits the ability to prioritize tasks and complete them in a high-pressure environment.
- Displays the ability to work in a collaborative and team oriented environment.
Education and Experience
While there is no formal education required to earn an entry level position as a customer service specialist outside of a high school diploma or GED, a Bachelor’s degree in communication or business is preferred. There is no licensure or special training required prior to employment; candidates are trained on-site. Candidates should also be experienced in keyboarding, operating telephone systems and word processing programs such as Microsoft Word. Experience with HubSpot CRM is an asset.
A customer service specialist will usually work in a climate-controlled office environment. The job is not physically demanding, but there is some mental stress due to the large amounts of information that must be processed on a daily basis. The specialist will use a computer for eight or more hours per day and may be required to work nights, weekends or holidays in order to meet the needs of the business.
The salary of a customer service specialist is an hourly wage between $18-$20 plus benefits, commensurate with experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
We work to keep our staff all healthy and safe. The office offers hand sanitizer, cleaning wipes and social distancing to do so. Masks are optional and up to the employee. We do work remotely part of the time for now.
- sales: 2 years (Preferred)
- customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Microsoft Applications: 2 years (Preferred)
- Secondary School (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19