HIRING: Red Seal Site Supervisor
SECTOR: Residential Renovations
POSITION: Available Immediately
Everyone at TQ Construction cares about each other, our culture and company. We are a fun and progressive company to work for with 34 years in the industry. On the 1st Friday of every month, we deliver complimentary hot Pizza to all of our work sites. We celebrate all staff birthdays, other perks and rewards include tickets to the Canucks, contests, giveaways and regular "company appreciation socials". We also outfit you with awesome branded work gear. Our pet friendly office/worksites keep everyone laughing.Participation in weekly, monthly and quarterly team-building strengthens our highly functioning team.
We encourage open and honest communication between co-workers about their workload and non-job related time demands. Every employee is a valuable component of the success of every one of our jobs and to the company as a whole. We treat every employee with the respect they deserve. This promotes a spirit of cooperation among team members to help each other. Excellent health benefits (as well as dental and travel insurance), are available after 3 months, RRSP contributions after 6 months. End-of-year bonuses based on individual performance may be rewarded. We offer opportunities for continuing education, career growth and career advancement.
- The successful candidate will have many years of experience in residential renovations and/or new custom home construction in BC.
- As well as a thorough knowledge of construction and BC Building codes, you will also possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to lead others and thrive in a team environment.
- You must be able to project manage by overseeing crew scheduling and job flow, have strong administration skills and be comfortable with basic computer skills.
- A laptop, cellphone, array of tools and reliable vehicle are required. You will be provided with the highest quality project documents to assist you.
As a Site Supervisor you will be accountable for, but not limited to:
- Executing the written scope of the contract.
- Maintaining tight control of budgets and schedules.
- Uphold the highest quality control standards.
- Ensure timelines are consistently met.
- Enforce safety requirements.
- Coordinating the resolution of deficiencies with applicable trades.
- Your own reliable transportation is a must as our job sites are typically across the Lower Mainland (New Westminster, Coquitlam, Burnaby, Richmond, West Vancouver, North Vancouver).
- You will represent the company with integrity and honesty at all times and be the first and primary point of contact with the client as well as the sub-trades.
- You will be supported in all aspects of the project by the Production Manager, our Design Team and the Sales Department.
- You will be responsible for site safety of any crew and sub trades as per Worksafe BC job site regulations.
- You will be inspecting quality of work by others on your team and that of the sub trades working under your direction, frequently and regularly to ensure only the best practices are followed and we are leaving behind a product we can stand behind with our 2/5/10 warranty guarantee and the homeowner can be proud of for years to come.
We are a family run business and have been around for over 33 years. We are a top quality Vancouver custom home builder and interior design firm with a solid track record and have over and 64 awards to prove our worth (Georgies, SAM, Ovation). We are client focused and quality driven. Our "TQ Crew" is known for low turnover and job/career satisfaction. We are a hard working group with a good sense of humor! Please reply with your relevant work history, references and a contact information. Wage is competitive and based on experience. About Us www.tqconstruction.ca/design-build-team-crew-staff.
Job Type: Full-time
- residential design-build: 3 years (Required)
- BC Build Code: 3 years (Required)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)
- Red Seal (Required)
- English (Required)