Location: Elkford, BC, CA
Reporting to the Superintendent, Health and Safety, the Occupational Hygienist will drive the continual improvement, and implementation of Teck’s Occupational Health Program as part of the ongoing commitment to Everyone Going Home Safe and Healthy Every Day. We have openings at our Fording River and Greenhills Operations.
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Develop, implement, and maintain programs and procedures to effectively protect the health of employees
- Coordinate periodic audits of occupational health and hygiene programs
- Evaluate the effectiveness and adequacy of existing occupational health programs and identify opportunities to utilize industry best practices
- Prepare, organize, and deliver occupational hygiene training
- Support health and safety initiatives in health and hygiene
- Represent Greenhills Operations and Teck on stakeholder groups as a subject matter expert
- Maintain a constructive liaison with regulatory agencies on occupational health and hygiene matters
- Support the Teck Coal Business Unit Occupational Hygienist within the fields of health and hygiene
- Coordinate external hygiene consultants and analysis services to ensure the quality of deliverables
- Maintain current and accurate records of workplace exposures to track historical trends and provide proper reporting to key stakeholders
- Perform other responsibilities as required or as assigned
- Post-secondary degree in Occupational Hygiene with a graduate degree strongly preferred
- Certified Industrial Hygienist Certificate from the American Board of Industrial Hygiene, or be a Registered Occupational Hygienist from the Canadian Registration Board of Occupational Hygienists, would be an asset
- Experience related to the control of occupational exposures in an industrial environment
- Working knowledge of applicable Health and Safety regulations and the ability to understand and interpret complex mandatory regulations and their impact
- Familiar with the key aspects of safety leadership and the importance of influencing skills
- Highly effective communication skills with the ability to relate to and communicate with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work well both as a team player and individually as well as exhibit a positive, “can-do” attitude
- Self-motivated and capable of working under minimal supervision and functions best in a high performance work environment
- Strong computer skills and experience with the Microsoft Office Suite®, especially Outlook, Word, and Excel
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Your application to this posting is deemed to be your consent to the collection, use and necessary disclosure of personal information for the purposes of recruitment. Teck respects the privacy of all applicants and the confidentiality of personal information.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal, zinc and energy. Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
The pursuit of sustainability guides Teck’s approach to business. Teck is building partnerships and capacity to confront sustainability challenges within the regions in which it operates and at the global level. In 2018, Teck was named to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) for the ninth straight year, indicating that Teck’s sustainability practices rank in the top 10 per cent of the world’s 2,500 largest public companies in the S&P Global Broad Market Index.
Learn more about Teck atwww.teck.comor follow@TeckResources
Job Type: Full-time