The Manager of Engineering (MOE) will oversee all disciplines within the engineering team and will have roughly 10 direct reports and a team of over 50 altogether. This will be a working MOE position, where the expectation is that the candidate will also act as a Lead on a project for half of the time.
Candidates must have at least 15 years of EPC experience, within similar lead roles. Candidates must possess a valid P.Eng.
Duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for all technical aspects of work completed by the engineering team
- Ensure that all completed projects are designed so that they are safe, meet codes, schedule, and are operable
- Ensuring the requirements of all engineering associations outlined in the professional practice management plan are met on all projects.
- Annual performance evaluations with discipline department leads, as well as continual mentoring, training and assisting with the career development
- Ensuring adequate discipline staffing levels to support all projects
- Identifying and implementing continuous development initiatives to increase the quality and efficiency of services provided
- Identify and pursue opportunities for improvement and expansion of services provided to the clients.
- Managing the engineering discipline managers and supporting their efforts to meet or exceed expectations on budget, quality and schedule
- Identifying and pursuing opportunities for improvement and expansion of services provided to clients
- Establishing a safety culture for our staff and ensuring they follow through when visiting the client site.
- Approve time sheets of the personnel working for department activities.
- Approve vacation’s period of personnel under his supervision.
- Represent the group of engineering in any meeting.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- management: 10 years (Preferred)
- engineering: 10 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- P.Eng. (Required)