We are searching for a dedicated Landscape Maintenance Specialist to join our Westhaven Team. This is a full time permanent year-round position. You will perform a range of general seasonal maintenance duties including cutting grass, maintaining the landscape design, removing weeds and dead plants, and collecting garbage on the property.
As the Landscape Maintenance Specialist, you will report directly to the owner of Westhaven Property Services and ensure the growth and vibrancy of the exterior shopping centre plants, flowers, lawn, and garden structures. The ideal candidate will have a passion for being outdoors.
- 5 days per week Monday - Friday (5:30am-1:30pm)
- Conduct general maintenance duties such as cleaning walkways, parking lots and garbage cans.
- Cutting grass and weed trimming.
- Apply fertilizer to help enhance growth.
- Take out weeds and dead plants.
- Trim overgrown limbs, hedges, and leaves.
- Uphold the landscaping design and ensure plant growth.
- Raking leaves in fall.
- Salting sidewalks and snow removal
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Mandatory criminal record check.
- Class 5 driver’s license.
- Aerial / Scissor lift ticket an asset.
- Irrigation knowledges an asset, but not required.
- Experience in a landscaping or groundskeeping role, but not required. Training will be provided onsite.
- Must be able to operate maintenance equipment including lawnmowers, leaf blowers, and hedge trimmers.
- Knowledge of, or desire, to learn basic lawn maintenance.
- High attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
- Good stamina and physical health.
- Must have a customer-service comes first attitude, and the ability to communicate with mall administration.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $19.00-$21.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- landscaping: 1 year (preferred)