Sales Audit & Banking – Job Description
Position Summary: To support in the review and analysis to ensure the accuracy of all financials. In this role you will have specific tasks and provide oversite and support to the finance team as needed.
REPORTS TO: Financial Controller
Banking and Accounting Duties
- Deposits and Sales Audit o Post Cash, Credit, cheques and EFTs/Wires received o Process Transfers from various deposit banks to main account o Update store refunds and buy backs to ERP, post voids o Maintain store sales audit log and file monthly audits upon completion o Reconcile bank accounts, investigations and follow up as needed o Investigate charge backs received- customer disputes of charges to their account o Monitor Gift Card redemption and monitor balances
- Post service charges, miscellaneous items, complete investigations as needed o Order deposit slips and bags o Order Cheques, Run open cheque reports
- Accounts/Turbo Machines o Setup new bank accounts, credit/debit card terminals, process changes o Maintain relationship with banking institutions o Assist stores with deposit and turbo related issues.
- Analytics o Your Advanced Excel skills will be used to sort large quantities of data o Provide quantifiable results from the data and insights to the applicable stakeholders o Will require use of Pivots, Lookups, and other tools. SQL and Macros are an asset.
These duties will be added/developed as the candidate progresses in the role.
- Basic Filing and organization of documentations and mailings as required
- Maintain Financial Data System to ensure that accounting data is accurate
- Maintain and update Capital Assets file, and allocate depreciation monthly
- Sales Tax posting and payment processing
- Needle Points program admin and reconciliation
- POS and Accounting Systems Administrative
- Ad Hoc Reconciliations and analysis as needed
Experience & Skills
- Previous bookkeeping experience required
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills required
- SQL knowledge & experience an asset
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $48,000.00-$52,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Bookkeeping: 1 year (preferred)
Application deadline: 2022-06-03