Kennebecasis Drugs has been serving the community of Kennebecasis Valley and the surrounding area since 1973. A pharmacy under the Guardian banner, Kennebecasis Drugs provides home health care products, consultations and other services. We also carry cosmetics, fashion attire, seasonal merchandise, giftware and personal and household needs.
ABOUT THE POSITION
We are looking for an experienced Registered Pharmacy Technician to join our Pharmacy team. The Registered Pharmacy Technician positions requires a professional that is personable, patient, detail orientated and demonstrates an ability of being calm under a variety of situations.
This is a full time position in a fast-paced, busy environments. We offer a competitive compensation package.
- Assist the pharmacist with the preparation, packaging, and distribution of prescriptions.
- Order prescription medications, diabetes supplies, and behind the counter OTC medications and receive/verify incoming pharmaceutical orders.
- Maintain client and drug information files and gathering of all necessary information while ensuring the completeness of information.
- Accurate dispensing of all prescriptions within provincial guidelines and regulations and assurance that prescriptions are complete and authentic; Perform the final check of prepared prescriptions within a team based workflow environment and be involved in the quality assurance team
- Third party insurance billing and reconciliation.
- Provide knowledgeable and exceptional client care and customer service.
- Greet clients and acknowledge waiting clients, offer assistance. Ensure service is maintained at levels above industry standards.
- Assist with client consultation via telephone.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Professional work ethic, ensuring confidentiality of client records and medical information.
- Contributes to promoting a positive, friendly, safe, and healthy environment for all staff and clients.
- Other responsibilities as outlined by the Managing Pharmacist.
- The successful candidate will possess an excellent work ethic, proven ability to multi-task and communicate with clients in a pleasant manner at all times.
- An active license with the NB College of Pharmacists (or working towards obtaining licensure)
- Must also possess meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Provide excellent and informed client care.
- Self motivated, career focused professional, with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple demands and establishing work priorities and goals.
- Experience working in the dispensary and very strong track record for accuracy in all dispensary duties, as well as a solid understanding of dispensary computer systems is preferred.
- Display excellent reliability, initiative, and team work.
- Must be available to work a rotation of days, evenings, weekends and holidays.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Temporary
- pharmacy: 1 year (Preferred)
- pharmacy technician: 1 year (Preferred)