The Cook works as part of a team in food and nutrition services performing tasks such as ordering, receiving, cooking and presenting meals for residents, families, and staff as appropriate and directed.
- Cooks food items, including texture modified foods, in a timely fashion following production time schedules, prescribed recipes, portions, procedures and guidelines
- Participates in meal service as required
- May be required to assist with menu development
- Prepares food and supply orders as necessary
- Ensures proper receiving and storage when needed
- Daily cleaning and sweeping floors
- Follows proper food handling procedures including maintaining food in a temperature safety zone and initiates corrective action as required
- Practices safe and proper use of food service equipment
- Minimum 2+ years of cooking experience in a health care environment
- Experience in preparing pureed and texture modified foods would be preferred
- High School Diploma or equivalent, red Seal/Certification is considered an asset
- Must be fluent in English both verbal and written
- Experience working with ovens, steamers, meat slicer, deep fryer, tilt fryer, soup kettle, VCM, robot coupe etc.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and accomplish tasks in a fast paced environment following departmental guidelines
- Demonstrated organizational skills and ability to work efficiently
- Regularly demonstrates, AgeCare values of Trust, Respect, Quality and Teamwork
If you’re motivated by the privilege of serving our seniors with dignity, respect and compassion, come join us!