We light the way!
Acuity Brands, Inc. (NYSE: AYI) is a market-leading industrial technology company. We use technology to solve problems in spaces and light. Through our two business segments, Acuity Brands Lighting and Lighting Controls ("ABL") and Intelligent Spaces Group ("ISG"), we design, manufacture and bring to market products and services that make the world brighter, more productive and more connected. We achieve our growth through the development of innovative new products and services, including lighting, lighting controls, building management systems and location-sensitive applications.
We are seeking a high-performing Controller. In this leadership role you will plan and direct all accounting operational functions, manage the accumulation and consolidation of financial information for financial statements, assess accounting and internal control systems, and guide departmental staff. Working with our company, you will handle key decisions and challenge, negotiate and influence the team. As a leader, you will encourage innovative ideas that are sound and progressive, challenge the status quo, and support creativity in your area of responsibility. This is a collaborative role in which you will be expected to support all business leaders.
- Partner with business leaders to help drive initiatives and profitability of the business
- Provide finance and strategic support to the business unit and segment leaders, and Director of Finance
- Continuously identify and lead process improvement efforts to support the transformation of finance and accounting
- Lead month-end and year-end processes including transfer pricing, audits, annual tax process and support activities to maximize SR&ED credits
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures
- Support and analyze the monthly and annual planning activities
- Monitor balance sheet and income statement accounts, and various other financial reports to ensure accuracy in accordance with US GAAP and internal controls
- Delivery of month end results through publication of an MD&A to highlight performance variances and present monthly financials to senior leadership
- Ensure continuous improvement and mastery of numerous advanced corporate tools and processes
- Prepare and review key performance indicators and assist with Root Cause Countermeasure analysis
- Monitor and liaise with the Treasury department on weekly cashflow
- Respond timely and thoughtfully to ad hoc financial requests, including any external audit requests
- Manage financial staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, coaching, and training employees
- Bachelor's degree in accounting in addition to a CPA accounting designation
- 10 years and more of experience in a similar position in the manufacturing sector
- Strong understanding of GAAP
- Bilingualism French/English (spoken and written)
- Excellent knowledge of Excel (essential)
- Advanced Technical Skills (Microsoft Office, Microsoft Dynamics AX)
- Understanding of software development approaches and methodology a plus
We invite you to apply today to join us as We Light the Way to a Brilliant, Productive, and Connected World!
We value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regards to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, ethnicity or national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, covered veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Accommodation for Applicants with Disabilities: As an equal opportunity employer, Acuity Brands is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have difficulty using our online system due to a disability and need an accommodation, you may contact us at (770) 922-9000. Please clearly indicate what type of accommodation you are requesting and for what requisition.
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Acuity Brands from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to an Acuity Brands mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Acuity Brands employees, or to Acuity Brands resume database will be considered Acuity Brands property. Acuity Brands will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Acuity Brands will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.