Service Technician - Tank Trailer
Advance Tank Centres Ltd.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Inspect tanks and tank trailer systems and components to diagnose and isolate repairs required. B620, CVIP, other provincial standards as necessary.
- Adjust, repair or replace parts and components of truck trailer systems including trailer electrical and electronic systems, trailer landing gear assemblies, trailer frames, hitching and coupling systems, trailer bodies, trailer suspension parts, tires, wheels, rims, hubs, and axles, air and auxiliary systems, trailer braking systems, hydraulic systems, using hand tools and other specialized repair equipment.
- Test and adjust repaired systems to manufacturer's performance specifications.
- Perform scheduled maintenance service.
- If qualified, fit and weld suspensions, fit and weld aluminum, steel, and stainless steel, fabricate body components.
- One year of experience in aluminum welding preferred.
- Work involves a wide variety of positions.
- Duties are performed in a confined space, which involves climbing ladders and working above the ground.
- The use of various hand tools, machinery and equipment will be required to manufacture metal products.
- Work with Supervisors and Lead Hands to ensure continuous improvements in work cells, hitting quotas, welding according to pre-set parameters using MIG, ARC and TIG welding processes.
- The ability to scan in and out of work orders is a must.
- Read and understand production drawings, blueprints, work orders and other written instructions.
- Advise supervisors on work performed, general trailer condition and future repair requirements.
- Help out in all areas of the repair shop, mechanics, welders and parts.
Qualifications and Skills
- Mechanically inclined
- Air and electrical experience is an asset.
- Experience in Tank Trailer Service an asset
- Welding an asset
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to speak, understand, and write English competently.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $32.00 /hour
- service technician: 1 year (Preferred)
- welding: 1 year (Preferred)
- Surrey, BC (Preferred)