Under the responsibility of the Vice-President Contract Administration, the construction engineer’s main responsibility is to survey steel structures installations on a project in downtown Toronto, working in close collaboration with the Superintendent. More specifically, job duties of the construction engineer will include:
- Participating in the planning and monitoring of time frame for the project
- Preparing purchase orders and rental agreements for the job site
- Monitoring administrative performance of the project
- Participating in quality control for the project
- Developing technical solutions in collaboration with our Engineering department.
Required Education and Professional Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 0 to 3 years relevant experience.
Competence / Skills
- Experience working on construction sites (considerable asset)
- Must have good communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent prioritizing skills
- Must be structured and organized
* Starting date - September 2020.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Company Pension
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance