Director of Partnerships
Flexibility to work weekends and evenings as required.
Are you a seasoned content, media or sponsorship executive with a passion for creativity, wellness and entrepreneurship?
Free is seeking a Director of Partnerships in Toronto, responsible for driving content & media revenues for the company. The ideal candidate has a combination of experience in brand strategy, production, influencer relations and media program development.
Set, measure and deliver upon quantifiable goals in the following key areas:
1. Content Production - Revenues associated with the production of sponsored & commercial content projects with corporate partners.
2. Media Sponsorship - Revenues associated with the deployment of integrated media campaigns on our channels, and our community of creators.
3. Funding Opportunities - Revenues associated with the development of content & media programs that meet necessary funding criteria.
Responsible for leading our company’s business development strategy, tactics and targets:
- Accountable to annual content & media budgets
- Deliver against monthly & quarterly budget targets
- Manage & optimize CRM and sales pipeline
- Develop & update sales materials as required
- Generate tactics for lead development (i.e. Trade events)
- Report on progress via monthly & quarterly check-ins
- Identify new opportunities for revenue growth
- Ultimately hire sales and partner management team
Responsible for growing our studio IP business through corporate, government and private partnerships utilizing our owned and operated media channel, The Creator Class, where applicable:
- Consult with internal stakeholders & key community members to determine online & offline programming priorities
- Research and apply for funding opportunities in line with the creative and commercial goals of the company
- Develop sponsorship packages for key partner categories, including experiential, content & media elements as required
- Present sponsorship opportunities to corporate partners
Responsible for growing our creative services business with corporate partners requiring white label content production:
- Gather partner business & marketing objectives
- Develop program proposal
- Field feedback, make adjustments as required
- Sign agreements, encompassing program scope, budget, timing
Once greenlit, responsible for all external partner communication from pitch to post, including:
- Lead internal kick-off once sold through
- Coordinate efforts across internal team leaders
- Manage communication and project timelines
- Oversee partner approvals
- Ensure on-going alignment between internal/partner creative and fiscal
- Ensure timely, effective and cost efficient program delivery
- MUST HAVE 7 years experience in content production, media or sponsorship sales
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Keen interest in creativity, wellness, entrepreneurship
- Proven experience in managing P/L, budgeting
- Strong leadership skills and management experience
- Strong interpersonal and client relationship skill
- Proactive work ethic and the ability to think analytically and conceptually
- Organized, accurate, attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Disciplined and detail-oriented and creative problem-solving skills and a relentless work ethic
- Google Suite
- Adobe Suite
- Powerpoint or Keynote
- Asana (Preferred)
- Xero (Preferred)
- Collage (Preferred)
Free is a space, studio and community for those seeking their highest potential through explorations in mindfulness, creativity and entrepreneurship. We empower individuals & organizations to connect, create and grow together to build thriving, creative citizens & communities.
An Ecosystem for Creativity.
Our community & partners come to us to grow their creative potential through each aspect of the Free ecosystem:
Our ever-evolving hub is a rallying point for artists, entrepreneurs and companies to host events and gather their community.
Skills training for conscious creative living that addresses the mental, emotional, creative and professional needs of artists and entrepreneurs.
We produce social and documentary projects in collaboration with like-minded companies looking to positively impact culture.
Our collaborative channel, The Creator Class, is a dispatch on creative entrepreneurship powered by the leading voices of our community.