Company Operating Name: Canadian Poultry Services Inc
Location of Work: Rural, southern Manitoba: multiple farm locations per shift. Transportation provided from Steinbach, MB, Portage La Prairie, MB and/or nearby sites
Title of Position: Chicken Catcher (11 vacancies)
Terms of Employment (e.g permanent, full-time, hours/week): Permanent, full-time, 32-40 hours/week. Overtime may be required. Shiftwork
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Travel to multiple on-farm locations per shift (transportation provided
- Catch and load live chickens into transport cages
- Follow company procedures, including animal welfare and work place safety procedures
- Operate farm machinery as necessary
- Based on specialization, some oversight or junior/less experienced workers may be requested
- No education or prior work experience required. Training will be provided.
- Position is physically demanding, and includes repetitive tasks, handling heavy loads, standing for extended periods, and bending, crouching and kneeling. Work site environment is dusty, odours.
- Salary: $16.20 per hour. Overtime paid above 8 hours/day. Additional compensation based on performance possible up to a maximum or $1000/month
- Benefits: No benefits offered. Shared accommodation available, if required.
- Vacation: 10 paid vacation days per year.
Company Address (Headquarters): 1350 Highway 9 PO Box 9, Mildmay, ON, Canada
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.20 /hour