Job title :
DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING CLERK
EK REGIONAL HOSPITAL
East Kootenay Regional Hospital is looking for a casual Diagnostic Imaging Clerk to join their team! - if you have graduated from Grade 12, Medical Terminology course, plus two year's recent experience and a current 5 minute Typing Test 45 wpm or greater....Apply today!
This position performs a variety of clerical duties related to the work of the Diagnostic Imaging department, such as:
Days of work:
- Patient registration;
- Scheduling, booking and communicating appointment information to Diagnostic Imaging staff, patients, physicians' offices and/or nursing units;
- Ensures pertinent previous images and documentation are available for patient exam date, and forwards images to other facilities outside the Health Authority;
- Organizes and arranges for pediatric and adult sedation, catheterization exams, ambulance bookings;
- Reception duties - answering telephones, receiving and relaying messages, receiving and directing visitors, distributes incoming out-going mail;
- Completes a variety of standard forms for registration/billing purposes;
- Types a variety of documents - memorandums, letters, minutes, education documents, presentations and statistical tables;
- Arranges meetings - books meeting rooms, types and distributes agendas, transcribes minutes and notes of meetings and disseminates.
Rotating Days, Evenings: 06:38 to 15:30, 07:38 to 16:30, 08:00 to 16:52, 12:00 to 20:52
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces.
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 12,
- Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Completion of a 5 minute Typing Test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
- Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize work.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
- Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.