The NAV Developer’s primary responsibility will be to carry out all configuration and development activities within the Company’s Microsoft Dynamics NAV environment. In addition, the NAV Developer will be required to analyse and contribute to operational specifications provided by business sponsors and produce technical specifications in line with agreed standards. The primary focus will be Dynamics NAV development, with additional activities using SQL and .NET, and integrating Dynamics NAV to different EDI systems.
The NAV Developer is involved at each stage of the software development lifecycle, from helping to assess the feasibility of an identified business requirement, through documentation, development, testing and delivery. The NAV Developer is responsible for importing and exporting data from NAV to several other applications and taking a proactive approach to streamlining systems processes and performance.
This is a new NAV developer position and represents a fantastic opportunity to join a growing, exciting and fast-paced organisation with a professional, courteous and collegial working environment.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Configure, develop and deliver MS Dynamics NAV software and components in all functional areas
- Create new and modify existing customization and integrations as requested by the business sponsors
- Perform data conversions, debug system problems, and craft resolutions
- Installation and implementation of service packs and hot fixes as needed
- Technical liaison to business groups for application support
- Test functionality developed by the development team against business requirements
- Support and drive process change and communication in line with NAV best practice
- Coordinate and contribute to end-user training including development of system documentation and training materials
- Assist with functional specifications of customization and integrations required for NAV implementations
- Provide pre-go-live and post-go-live end user support
- Serve as the lead NAV technical expert on the development team
- Take responsibility for the customized unit programming and overall system functionality
- Work with the Project Managers, Business Analyst and Consultants to understand the business / application requirements of the assigned task
- Take responsibility for delivering development tasks within agreed budgets and timelines
- Creation of technical documentation for all customization and integrations
- develop electronic interfaces to facilitate the exchange of transactions between Artika and its external trade partners.
- Maintain EDI systems to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Communicating with trade partners and vendors regarding connectivity, testing, and transaction statistics.
- Organize transaction flows between internal systems.
- Develop necessary data source structures to support EDI transactions.
- Any other tasks as reasonably require Desired
Skills & Experience
- Professional certification and accreditation strongly recommended or equivalent work experience
- Microsoft Dynamics NAV certification(s) in related discipline a plus
- Minimum 5 years of ERP programming experiences and hands on work with full life cycle implementations
- 5 or more years’ experience as a software developer specifically working with NAV C/SIDE C/AL development language
- Role Tailored Client (RTC) development experience (including page and report development in Visual Studio)
- Experience with NAV 2016 highly desirable
- Experience working with common third-party add-on solutions and their integration with MS NAV highly desirable
- Web Development / SharePoint programming experience a plus
- Prior NAV upgrade and data migration experiences highly desired
- Ability to document code customization and integrations in compliance with established standards and practices
- Ability to translate customer business requirements and specifications into code solutions along with the ability to develop and manage hours estimates
- Ability to debug errors efficiently and effectively
- Capable of managing multiple assignments simultaneously
- Capable of testing one’s own work and deliver working products
- Any other tasks as reasonably required Candidate Success Criteria and Attributes
- Able to understand, communicate and interpret key user business processes and requirements
- Able to thrive in a collaborative atmosphere
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to balance multiple demands
- Proven ability to write effective system and process documentation –including business and system requirements, process diagrams, and data flow charts
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the business
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently and proceed with objectives with a minimum of supervision
- Ability to handle and resolve conflict
- Familiar with different EDI setups (WEB, VAN, AS2 …)
All Applicants must hold valid right to work in Canada
*** Please not that only selected candidates will be contacted***
Thank you for your interest in our company!
- Work from home opportunities
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Flexible working hours
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $85,000.00 to $100,000.00 /year
- software developer (including NAV): 5 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19