#19.29 Job Developer
Next Steps – Employment Program
(See below for hours of work)
Our Place Society (OPS) is an organization with Christian values and principles. We work as a team to create a nurturing atmosphere of home and family, where all are welcomed. A team approach is critical to living out our mission and values and to directing our work.
The Background and Opportunity:
Who are we looking for?
The Job Developer/ Program Support position is an integral member of the Next Steps to Employment Team and will have involvement in a variety of activities to engage the hardest to employ individuals experiencing homelessness and otherwise marginalized in Greater Victoria to prepare for and find work. Particular attention will be placed on developing nontraditional work opportunities while promoting, validating, and legitimizing the informal economy. The Job Developer/ Program Support position will assist in many aspects of the Employment Program structure, such as coordinating a social enterprise pilot, working with volunteers and employers, coaching participants and various administrative and training duties.
This position provides the incumbent the opportunity to make a fundamental difference in the lives of vulnerable people and to redefine what employment means. Also, to become a core member in a dynamic and growing community of participants, employer partners, volunteers and staff!
If you have passion for building relationships, making a difference and have the drive and enthusiasm to support the work at Our Place Society we would love to hear from you!
What is expected?
- Meet with employer partners on a regular basis to hear any concerns and give information as needed
- Recruit new employer partners
- Support participants in their first shifts with partners
- Oversee employment success
- Collaborate with Job Coach to find solutions for any concerns/issues that arise from the employer regarding the participant employee
- Meet with participants as needed to find appropriate placements, collaborating with Job Coach, Volunteer trainers and Manager
Social Enterprise Coordination:
- Collaborate with Program Manager and volunteers on developing a social enterprise
- Coordinate and lead social enterprise participant meetings
- Meet with social enterprise partners on a regular basis to hear any concerns and give information as needed
- Recruit new social enterprise partners
- Recruit volunteer employer trainers to do appropriate training sessions
- Collaborate with the volunteer team on specific events and projects
- Lend support to volunteer employer trainers by facilitating pre designed handouts and learning materials if needed and ensuring positive training environment
- Track connections to employers
- Track job placements
- Update job search documentation and procedures
- Track volunteer placements in coordination with the Volunteer Coordinator
- Create and maintain Job Club training schedules and assigned facilitators
- Update all Job Club session materials after each intake
- Create and maintain administrative documents for social enterprise pilots
- Occasionally facilitate sessions if trainer is not present
- Available to sit in and/or assist in facilitation where necessary
Ideal Education, Skills and Abilities:
- 1 – 3 years direct experience in related employment programming, including but not limited to working with program development and evaluation, individual and group training, employment search, career planning/ counselling and crisis management.
- Self-motivated and ambitious with the ability to create and achieve results.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of effective employer marketing and job search techniques and employment programs for vulnerable populations.
- Ability to motivate participants, volunteers and staff.
- Strong organizational, computer and technical skills are essential.
Hours: Monday to Friday – 26 hours per week.
Salary/Benefits: $19.43 – 23.21 per hour, eligible for excellent full employer paid benefits after 3 months.
How to Apply:
Eligible candidates are invited to submit a covering letter with their resume detailing their experience and qualifications by July 12, 2019, by responding to this ad or to Our Place Society, Attention Marion Hoadley, HR Manager, 919 Pandora Ave, Victoria, B.C. V8V 3P4. Please quote “19.29 Job Developer – Next Steps” in the subject line.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $19.43 to $23.21 /hour