“Our Team Members Are the Essential Ingredients to Our Company’s Recipe for Success”
Upper Crust is an innovation leader in the production of Bagels, Puff Pastries, Danish Pastries, Croissants, Artisan Breads, and Rolls. With a family-owned management philosophy, 30 years of experience in food production, and continuous improvements in safety and development as driving forces, we deliver delicious and delectable bakery products on the tables of families across Canada and the USA. The best-known Food Service and Retail partners trust in our ability to meet their requirements.
Install, service, and repair refrigeration systems and equipment such as condensing units, compressors, and evaporators. Connect refrigeration lines and electrical power sources, handling hazardous refrigerant substances, and check systems and equipment for leaks. Use system blueprints or manufacturers' instructions to complete a job.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, electrical and electronic schematics or other specifications
· Measure and lay out reference points for installation
· Assemble and install refrigeration or air conditioning components such as motors, controls, gauges, valves, circulating pumps, condensers, humidifiers, evaporators and compressors using hand and power tools
· Measure and cut piping, and connect piping using welding and brazing equipment
· Install, troubleshoot and overhaul entire heating, ventilation, air handling, refrigeration and air conditioning systems
· Start-up system and test for leaks using testing devices
· Recharge system with refrigerant, check and test regulators, calibrate system and perform routine maintenance or servicing
· Repair and replace parts and components for entire refrigeration, air conditioning, ventilation or heat pump systems
· Occasionally install, maintain and repair equipment in refrigerated trucks used to transport food
· Perform other job-related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements
· Completion of college/vocational or technical training
· Valid Class B Refrigeration’s License
· Red Seal Journeyman Refrigeration Mechanic Certification Preferred
· Minimum 3 years of experience with Ammonia systems and routine maintenance operations
· Valid Ontario G class driver’s license
· Proven mechanical abilities in refrigeration, AC repairs, and excellent troubleshooting skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to work independently in a busy environment
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
· Written and verbal communication skills
· Computer literacy
· Physical ability to lift up to 20 kg
· Travel to off-site locations may be required
· Overtime and flexibility in terms of work hours may be required
At Upper Crust, we are committed to fostering a respectful, inclusive, and accessible environment, where all employees are valued and supported. We are dedicated to fostering a workforce reflecting the diversity of our community and will consider all qualified applicants for employment.
Upper Crust is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities or special needs requiring accommodation. If you require an accommodation, please notify our Human Resources Team at 416-746-1010 ext. 480.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Upper Crust, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Application deadline: 2020-10-10
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking