Please apply directly on our careers page: https://healthopm.easyapply.co
HealthOPM is seeking:
Personal Support Workers (PSWs) with responsibilities including but are not limited to providing ADL, assisting with senior care and ensuring client safety. Feeding, dressing, bathing, transferring, incontinence care, medication reminders, meal preparation, providing transportation, light housekeeping, companionship may also be a part of the job.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Current CPR/First Aid certification,
- Negative TB test, and
- Vulnerable sector police clearance.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- Completion of high school or college diploma.
- Updated First Aid CPR
- Personal Support Worker Certificate is a requirement.
- Ability to prioritize client needs
- Flexibility in taking shifts.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with client’s challenging behaviours
- Ability to work with individuals and families.
- Demonstrated ability to interact positively with clients, families and co-workers.
- Must have a positive attitude and be committed to fostering a healthy team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Gather information and prepare reports, provide personal support services to persons with special needs.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Assist the client with personal care such as dressing, personal hygiene, mobility, toileting, eating, and other routines of daily living, allowing each to do as much as possible for him/herself.
- Medication monitoring and assistance- follow medication procedures to assist clients with medications.
- Assist the client with appropriate socialization activities as per the client’s choice and emotional needs.
- Demonstrate initiative and professionalism at all times with residents, families, and community contacts.
- Maintain accurate documentation as required.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of resident’s care plans.
- Support Care: 1 year (Preferred)
Job Type: Casual/Part-Time/Contract/Permanent – Having a vehicle is an asset. Housing provided.
Heavy lifting: up to 100 lbs. may be required.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual, Permanent
- Support Care: 1 year (Required)