For over 75 years, Medavie Blue Cross has been a leading health and wellness partner for individuals, employers and governments across Canada. We are proud to be a not-for-profit organization dedicated to giving back to the communities where we live and work, and to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture. We are one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures and are recognized as a Caring Company, a designation for national leaders in community investment and social responsibility.
Our team of 2,100 professionals work across six provinces. We excel by living our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We’re committed to ensuring the health and wellness of our employees and their families, along with personal and professional growth, through a variety of programs and support at all levels of our organization.
Along with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie — a national health organization with over 6,400 employees. Together, our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
Manager, User Acquisition
Full time, permanent
Dartmouth, Moncton, Montreal or Etobicoke
Competitive Compensation and Benefits
Vice President, Digital Direct
What's in it for you?
What makes us a different kind of employer? Developing cutting edge digital direct health and life solutions for our users is what gets our energy flowing. We are an in-house, innovation led, new business that is strong and growing! Our focus is on rewriting the book in how we bring our products and services to Canadians. Creativity is welcomed at every turn because the status quo is not what we strive for. If you enjoy working on leading edge health and wellness solutions and driving strategies to bring these offerings to all Canadians, this may be the role for you.
Your every day with us:
We believe that our technology should truly connect with people. To that end, we create systems and technology that adapt to human behaviour, with our users at the center of all we do.
There is never an “every day” here and that is what keeps life here exciting. You will need to use strong problem-solving skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication to have successful outcomes in your every day. You will collaborate with Medavie operating companies in crafting partnership opportunities while developing and driving business development, marketing, and sales strategies. You will also collaborate with internal cross-functional teams and external partners. The role requires you to be a visionary with a strong background in marketing, data analytics and user-centric mind-set.
- Develop and execute the User acquisition strategy, develop objectives and budgets to meet business plans.
- Continuously review the market landscape, identify developing User acquisition opportunities to grow our digital health business.
- Act as a subject matter expert advising the organization on market developments and User acquisition opportunities.
- Develop a strong understanding of User needs for digital health care products and services to leverage our digital network capabilities with existing and new provider partnerships.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing industry publications and establishing your professional network.
- Work collaboratively with the various stakeholder departments to propose business roadmaps and obtain consensus.
- Act as a key contact for digital health projects and initiatives. Working closely with key project and business resources to deliver solutions.
- Present performance against critical KPI's to stakeholders, peers and senior management on a regular basis that includes User engagement data
- Continuous exploration and development of new digital marketing channels and initiatives
- Work closely with Marketing, Sales & Operations to identify promotional opportunities that can drive and/or accelerated User acquisition.
- Partner with our marketing team to strategize, drive and execute User acquisition campaigns on social media platforms, develop content driven acquisition strategies, work with marketing and external partners for campaigns.
- Work with data team to devise KPIs to keep us on track with our growth, assess what is working, trends, missed opportunities and shift strategy as needed.
- Track leads from digital campaigns and develop strategies to convert those leads to customers of the digital platform.
- Analyze and report data to measure the effectiveness of campaigns.
- Develop strategies and plans as to how the User acquisition team can contribute towards achieving the wider marketing and business objectives
- Provide results and recommendations against new approaches , technologies, sites, for cutting-edge programs across web, mobile and all digital extensions.
- Leverage customer feedback, other analytics and digital trends to drive enhancements to the digital health platform
- Lead a staff of direct reports and cross-functional resources in support of departmental deliverables.
- Provides people management including coaching, mentoring, employee performance reviews, career development, employee engagement, on boarding and training.
Post-secondary degree in computer science, health sciences, business, or related field
A minimum of 6 years business experience with related sales, marketing and management experience in the healthcare and/or technology services industry.
Experience in user acquisition strategies, developing strategic business partnerships. Experience working with a Healthtech / Fintech / Insuretech companies
Exposure to Digital solutions and growing Tech. enabled business
Bilingualism is considered an asset
Values and Ethics:
Reflects a commitment to employees, customers and key corporate stakeholders in own and unit activities. Fosters a climate of transparency, trust and respect and encourages learning and growth.
Shares information vertically and horizontally and promotes collaboration among cross-functional teams. Encourages open, constructive communication of diverse perspectives.
Optimizes diversity among team members to build strong teams with complementary strengths. Develops and supports career plans and learning opportunities. Fulfills obligations of human resource management.
Provides input into the creation of functional strategy for department and develops annual business plans.
Assigns work, manages resources, and sets realistic timeframes while identifying financial and human resource requirements. Makes timely decisions and manages risk.
Manages and monitors budgets. Applies and monitors financial systems for cost accounting.
Dedicated to meeting the expectations of customers and stakeholders. Establishes and maintains effective relationships.
Knowledgeable in applying technology trends to corporate strategy and business requirements.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Medavie Blue Cross is an equal opportunity employer.
Manager, Business Development, Computer Science, Accounting, Management, Sales, Technology, Finance