Definity includes some of Canada’s most long-standing and innovative insurance brands, including Economical Insurance, Sonnet Insurance, Family Insurance Solutions, and Petline Insurance. With strong roots that date back to 1871, we’ve grown to become a digital leader in the insurance industry. We’re proud to help our clients and communities adapt and thrive in a world of constant change.
Our promise to you: It’s better here. Why? Because we CARE, and we provide an employee experience that’s collaborative, ambitious, rewarding, and empowering.
Our ambition is to be one of Canada’s leading and most innovative P&C insurers. Come be a part of our journey, and love what you do.
Definity offers a flexible, hybrid work experience where employees work from the office and virtually depending on the type of work they are doing and who they are working with. Leaders partner with their teams to find the right balance of on-site and remote work that best meets the needs of their teams, colleagues, brokers and customers, while ensuring collaboration, teamwork and accountability for goals.
What can you expect in this role?
- Handle national property re-inspections
- Estimate writing through our Express program
- Provides technical expertise pertaining to structural property damage to Regional Management and Claim handlers nationally
- Quantifies large loss Personal Lines structural damage claims as a member of the Quantification Team in support of the Structural Damage Quantification Protocol nationally
- Monitors estimating platforms to ensure vendors adhere to the Contractor Program Instruction
- Works closely with national vendor partners on programs, pricing and protocols
- Works closely with national vendor partners, providing support with the effective use of estimating software programs
- Conducts field re-inspections nationally, in support of company quality control initiatives
- Provides technical consultation on environmental losses
- Researches newest technology and makes recommendations both internally and externally about adopting same
- Promotes Definity’s claims programs during vendor visits
- Assists with complaint handling and resolution as needed
- Maintains a level of expertise in all estimating software and hardware
- Conducts research and makes recommendations on regional pricing and unit costing issues as needed
- Participates in projects and other initiatives as assigned by Claims Management
What do you bring to the role?
- Experience as a Construction Estimator, Project Manager, Project Manager Assistant, or project site manager within the insurance restoration industry
- Understanding of provincial and national building codes along with a solid understanding of residential and commercial construction terminology
- Solid understanding of various estimating software platforms including Xactware and Symbility
- Fluent Bilingualism (French/English) is an asset
- Professional, friendly and courteous in all interactions whether with co-workers, customers or vendor partners
- Able to remain calm under pressure and perform well in a busy work environment with limited supervisory interaction
- Must value teamwork, ownership and flexibility
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.
Go ahead and expect a lot — you deserve it, and we’ve got it:
Hybrid work schedule for most roles
Company share ownership program
Pension and savings programs, with company-matched RRSP contributions
Paid volunteer days and company matching on charitable donations
Educational resources, tuition assistance, and paid time off to study for exams
Focus on inclusion with employee groups, support for gender affirmation surgery, access to BIPOC counsellors, access to programs for working parents
Wellness and recognition programs
Discounts on products and services
Our inclusive work environment welcomes diversity and supports accessibility. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: [email protected]
This role requires successful clearance of a background check (including criminal checks and leadership references).