Shift Lead – Job Description
Reports To- Assistant Managers and General Manager
The purpose of a Car Wash Shift Lead is to maintain a team of people to deliver a clean, dry, shiny vehicle to the customer in a safe, speedy, and friendly manner, while continually controlling the costs of operation and the appearance of the facility.
- Customer Focus
- Energy & Stress
- Team Work
- Quality Orientation
- Problem Solving
- Accountability and Dependability
- Operating Equipment
- Ethics and Integrity
· Lead all employees in customer service by greeting and assisting customers, and responding to customer inquiries and complaints.
· Direct and supervise employees engaged in sales, reconciling cash receipts, or in performing services for customers.
· Monitor activities to ensure that customers receive excellent service and quality goods.
· Participate in the hiring, training, and evaluation of personnel and promoting or disciplining workers when necessary.
· Enforce safety, health, and security rules.
· Ensure the Great White facility and equipment are in good repair, functional and properly representing the brand in accordance with company guidelines.
· Engage in risk management activities to protect Great White employees and assets.
· Monitor and ensure correct chemical usage.
· Represent Great White Brand, Mission, Vision, Values.
· Ensure that every customer experience is always delivered by all staff including, customer interaction and communication, enhancing washes.
· Conflict resolution and management of claim/complaint resolution & customer retention.
· Oversee all daily operational activities and task including safety, cash management and security, prioritization of activities, delegation and follow through, site inspections, and scheduling to ensure optimal profitability.
· Standardization of all employee roles and responsibilities through the development of policies and procedures in conjunction with the ownership group.
· Maximize the through-put of the wash site by meeting or exceeding Cars Per Hour (CPH) standards and expectations while delivering on the company mission, vision, values, and brand promise.
· Manage maintenance scheduling.
· Manage overall vehicle flow and production in car wash operation and ensure compliance with government standards as well as the standards of Great White.
· Ensure safety in all facets of wash site including property, facilities, equipment, staff, and customers by making daily inspections, immediate corrections, incident resolutions, and conducting ongoing safety meetings.
· Utilize excellent, written, verbal, body language and interpersonal communication skills to coach, mentor, train and develop, shift leads, and wash associates so they deliver our product in a way the meets or exceeds company standards and Employment Overview Statement.
· Manage ongoing on-site staff development of wash associates, shift leads, and assistant management trainees including training, coaching, accountability, and team collaboration skills.
· Monitor wash site equipment for optimal performance and when needed conducting first line troubleshooting and fix then escalating to owners and third-party Maintenance and Engineering as appropriate.
· Ongoing and timely communication with staff and management, with regard to site operations and issues pertinent to respective roles.
· General housekeeping and cleanliness for their site by inspecting, cleaning, setting the example, and promoting teamwork to ensure all staff take responsibility for grounds/properties cleanliness and appearance.
· Ensure that all staff conducts themselves with Great White values, and demonstrate outward engagement of all staff and every customer.
· Actively participates in company community involvement projects by contributing, time, energy and message to community events in support of Great White Mission Statement.
· Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions consistent to job functions, strategies, mission, vision, values.
Key Focus Areas
· Increasing customer satisfaction
· Increasing bottom line revenue
· Maintaining a result driven and positive working environment
- Minimum 2 years management experience in a high paced customer service-oriented business
- Supervisory & training experience - 2 years
- Operations management - 2 years
- Demonstrated mechanical ability an asset
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to travel in Canada and internationally for training and attendance at car wash shows
- Working indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions
- Perform physical labor as required
- Ability to work 40+ hours per week
- Flexible work schedule
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: $16.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
All staff are expected to wear a mask while working at the wash. Our sanitization as well as cleanliness standards are definitely in the top quartile in the industry. We take Covid-19 precautions very seriously and expect our team members to follow them.
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Management: 2 years (preferred)