Job title :
PATIENT REGISTRATION CLERK
KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL
Do you have front-line clerical experience and wish to work at the leading edge of healthcare to maximize your skills and be part of a dynamic team? Kelowna General Hospital is looking for Casual Patient Registration Clerks. Apply today!
This posting is to establish an eligibility list for future casual vacancies. A qualified group of candidates will be identified. Once established, the qualified pool will be valid for a period of one year.
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
- A current Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
- Your Grade 12 Diploma;
- One year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
- Certificate or Official Transcript showing proof of completion of a Medical Terminology Course;
- Your Resume;
- A Cover Letter stating your availability to work in which worksite(s), to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
- Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
This position performs clerical and patient registration duties such as:
- Completes Patient Registration documentation for the admission of patients by interviewing patients, relatives or friends to obtain personal information and proof of eligibility;
- Explains Admission form, eligibility policies, room differentials and obtains signatures on forms as required;
- Identifies available bed booking options and communicates these options;
- Receives payments and issues receipts;
- Receives and records patient valuables for safekeeping;
- Transports patients to ward or arranges for transport;
- Performs hospital switchboard duties;
- Provides information and directions to visitors and handles telephone inquiries such as patient room numbers and visiting hours;
- Receives, opens and redirects the hospital’s incoming mail;
- Monitors the Alarm Panels and responds by announcing Fire Alarms over the Public Address System and/or making telephone calls.
Days, Evenings, Nights
Hours of work:
06:00 to 14:00, 06:00 to 13:42, 06:30 to 14:30, 07:00 to 15:00, 08:00 to 16:00, 08:00 to 14:00, 09:00 to 17:00, 12:30 to 20:30, 12:30 to 12:12, 13:00 to 21:00,14:30-22:30,15:00-21:00, 16:00-21:00, 16:30-20:30, 22:30-06:30
Casual opportunities offer no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week. However, once hired with Interior Health, you will have opportunity to apply to relief and permanent positions.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training and Experience:
Skills and Abilities:
- Grade 12,
- Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Completion of a typing test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
- Ability to keyboard at 45 wpm.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**