Do you love dogs and cats? Do you want to spend your days with them? If so, then this job may be for you! This position will be responsible for watching groups of dogs (knowing and learning canine body language is important), caring for them and feeding them, doing lots of cleaning, taking care of our kitties, and helping out with our customer service end (taking/sending photos, answering the phone). The right candidate would also be able to do run dog socials and do training within the business. We are located on 2.5 acres of land so you will be outside for a large portion of the day and must be comfortable in doing so... dress warm in winter!
All applicants mustbe able to work weekends.
The ideal candidate will:
- have experience in a dog daycare/kennel setting or have experience with dog training
- be very reliable- we are a small business and care for live animals so this is important! Excessive missed shifts and tardiness will be grounds for dismissal.
- be friendly, responsible, and honest
- be able to take direction and also be independent
*This position is best suited for someone looking for long lasting relationships and a career in the pet industry- there will be opportunity for growth*
Check out our website: https://www.thesecondpup.com/
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- dog daycare or training: 1 year (Preferred)
- Edmonton, AB (Required)