The Automation Technician, Junior position is responsible for working with the manufacturing engineer, project engineers, and program managers, set up personnel and maintenance departments to reduce costs and remove non-value added material from productions lines.
Powering Vehicles, Motion, Work, and Lives since 1966.
- Work with program managers and project engineers at the APQP stage of a program start-up.
- Plan assigned work in an efficient method to minimize machine downtime while ensuring employee safety is maintained.
- Troubleshoot process automation problems.
- Perform regular housekeeping duties.
- Work within QS9000 procedures and requirements.
- Work with engineering following PPAP approval in resolving non-value added processes.
- Work in design stage of processes both for start-up and current production projects.
- Assign work tasks where applicable to co-worker(s).
- Ensure work is performed in a manner that minimizes downtime.
- Ensure all new and rebuild equipment has all features required by CSA, OSHA, and Electrical Safety Code.
- Perform root cause analysis failure.
- Perform periodically Plc and program backup.
- Maintain updated and controlled Plc program data base.
- Maintain equipment documentation updated.
- Participate in meetings with supervisors, co-workers and employees to plan upcoming activities and to update projects.
- Ability to schedule production activities for all phases of design, maintenance and inspection to meet the time requirements of contracts.
- Completed three year program in Electrical or Mechanical Technology.
- Trade license in Industrial Electrical Maintenance (442A).
- Electronics Technician/Technologist Certificate, Electrician Qualification or equivalent.
- Certificate of Qualification or Certificate in a related field or equivalent working experience.
- Courses supplied by machine manufacturer.
- Minimum five years experience in CNC and robotic repair/ programming.
- Understanding of electrical / electronic schematic diagrams, blueprints and pneumatic/hydraulic systems.
- Ability to refer to quality specification forms to verify that products comply with required standards.
- Ability to evaluate condition of new and damaged mechanical equipment and make recommendations for repair or replacement.
- Ability to provide technical support and services to engineers.
- Knowledge of advanced PLC programming including Allan Bradley, ControlLogix/RS Logix, Siemens S7, Fanuc.
- Knowledge of robot systems (ABB, Motoman).
- Basic knowledge of computer networking, Ethernet connections, TCP/IP protocol.
- Experience with the use of statistical analysis software and computer-assisted design, manufacturing and machining.
- Ability to work in teams that include engineers, machinists, and architects.
- Attend formal professional development seminars and conferences as needed.
What Linamar Has To Offer
- Opportunities for career advancement.
- Community based outreach supporting both local and global initiatives and charities.
- Social committees and sports teams.
- Discounts for local vendors and events, including auto supplier discounts.
Linamar Corporation is a Canadian diversified global manufacturing company of highly engineered products across global industries & markets. From the entrepreneurial seeds planted by our dynamic founder, to the support provided along the way, all Linamar employees are poised for success in this fast-paced and rapidly growing environment. With access to the tools you need to succeed, you will make an impact along with other motivated and engaged people.
Linamar is committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Linamar will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request.