Siskinds LLP is a leading law firm located in Southwestern Ontario. We are a team of over 240 lawyers and employees covering personal legal services, business law, personal injury law, and class actions law as well as over 25 specialized practice areas. We help clients make the right legal choices, manage their legal affairs, and resolve complicated matters. Our culture and working style strive to make our clients’ experiences comfortable, reassuring, and productive while delivering excellence in the services we provide.
Commercial Litigation Law Clerk – Full Time
What are you looking for?
- Be part of a cohesive team that promotes collaboration and teamwork
- Option for hybrid remote work schedule in a technologically advanced environment with exposure to many specialized computer applications
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Professional development opportunities
- Strength of a big firm with the culture of a small firm
- Subsidized downtown parking
- Working within a state-of-the-art building
Who are we looking for?
We are currently seeking a Law Clerk for our Commercial Litigation department. This position will require you to provide support to the Commercial Litigation department.
- Post-secondary education (Legal Assistant/Law Clerk/Paralegal)
- 3+ years of relevant experience • Above average interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to be proactive and follow through.
- Superior communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Detail-oriented • Knowledge of the Rules of Civil Procedure
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work to deadlines in a fast-paced working environment
- Strong client service skills, and finally
- Strong keyboarding/computer skills (primarily Word and Outlook)
- Organizing and maintaining files
- Preparation of correspondence
- Preparation of court documents and document briefs
We are a truly cohesive team, and as such, being a team player as well as having a strong technical ability and positive attitude will make you a top runner, and ideally our chosen candidate.
Our comprehensive in-house training and ongoing support is of the highest level. We offer competitive compensation and benefits.
Siskinds is an equal opportunity employer and will work with and accommodate persons with disabilities throughout the entire recruitment, selection, and on-boarding process.
To learn more about us, please visit our website at www.siskinds.com Please email your resume quoting “Commercial Litigation Law Clerk” and Your Name, in the subject line, to [email protected].
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Work Location: In person