Are you looking for more than a job? At World Vision Canada we offer challenging careers that change the lives of children all over the world and it will change yours too. Come and be part of a team of 400 Canadians with a vision for the world: Life in all its fullness for every child.
You will experience Christian faith in action helping to make real and lasting change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. Join the World Vision Canada team and be part of a powerful and effective force for good:
For Children. For Change. For Life.
Product Designer, Web
Senior Digital Product Manager, Supporter Experience
Full Time Permanent
Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Remote (within Canada)
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
We’re on a mission to create an engaging and supporter-centric digital ecosystem that is compelling, intuitive, unique, and ultimately inspires Canada to join us on the mission to do more for more children. To deliver our mission, we are designing systems and tools that make giving and impact sharing through rewarding and discovery easy, while scaling to support the participation of the entire planet. We're building a diverse team with people of different backgrounds and experiences, empowered to shape strategy.
Our designers amplify their learning through psychological and social dynamics, communities and networks, and systems and policy design, in addition to more typical design skills. Design plays an important role in product strategy and direction. From ranking to UI, from internationalization to moderation systems, product design decisions are validated through A/B testing and user studies alike, as we emphasize rigor and empathy in equal measure. User researchers apply mixed methods to explore product opportunities and undertake disciplined investigations to solve product questions. Brand design provides support to the company and product, helping us tell our story better.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are seeking an experienced Product Designer to join our growing Digital Product Management team. This role will report into Sr. Digital Product Manager, Supporter Experience and works closely with the Head of Design as we embark on re-imagining what a digitally enabled, supporter-centric experience could be.
As a Product Designer – Web, you will be given the opportunity to define and design the post-acquisition customer journey experience for worldvision.ca, as well as ways to foster a community of like-minded individuals to spur each other on to do more good.
Under the guidance of the Head of Design, you will play an important role in elevating our design practice, be an influential collaborator in a cross-functional agile team, and an active contributor to our design system. In support of this endeavor, you will learn from our subject matter experts to turn qualitative and quantitative donor insights into new web experiences for worldvision.ca that are bold, thoughtful, relevant, and engaging. You will get there with a relentless desire to iterate, learn, and improve while staying true to our vision.
As you design a seamless mobile-first web experience, you will consider the integrated early-stage customer journey experiences as you collaborate with other UX design peers, product team members and key stakeholders.
You are a critical and a creative thinker, able to carefully deconstruct problems and reconstruct them into new solutions that both delight and satisfy business and user requirements. You have a keen eye for aesthetics and understand that good design should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler. You can translate design thinking into best-practice design methodologies, leveraging your knowledge of usability heuristics and inclusive design as you refine your ideas throughout the entire design process. You are just as comfortable collaborating with business stakeholders as you are among your peers, and you can effectively communicate your ideas and see it through to fruition. Being well-versed in the jobs-to-be-done framework is a definite asset as you wrestle with and ultimately solve the deep, underlying motivations behind why people do good, and to answer the question, “What’s their world vision?”
- Design the post-acquisition supporter journey experience for worldvision.ca, ensuring it is manifested in the delivery of a new web experience.
- Collaborate with product owner and other product management team members, along with stakeholders and SMEs to understand supporter challenges and define the experience.
- Collaborate in a cross-functional team to continuously ideate, design, prototype, and test your solution in an agile fashion.
- Contribute to and help maintain our design system.
- Collaborate and coordinate with external design contractors and agencies.
- Create documentation that provides clarity and support for your ongoing work, and to ensure that the solution is implemented to design specifications.
- You hold a design diploma (or equivalent) with at least 5 years of professional experience designing modern and responsive web experiences in a team environment.
- You’re a design practitioner who has honed your craft in visual design, interaction design, and UI design, but most importantly you can orchestrate them into a great user experience.
- You’re a design advocate who can demonstrate the importance of design through your actions.
- You’re experienced in the product design process, having the sensibility to balance rigor with reality to ensure your workflow is as efficient and effective as possible, so that the team can meet their objectives and deadlines.
- You have mastery over industry design tools such as Figma, Zeplin, and Adobe CC.
- You have experience designing web experiences on the Adobe Experience Platform, understanding its capabilities and limitations to maximize its full potential.
- You have experience designing data-driven hyper-personalized experiences.
- You have a working knowledge of Shopify Plus merchant tools and how they are implemented on custom third-party solutions.
- A showcase of 1-3 of your best work that are relevant to this role.
- One case study that highlights your contributions end-to-end: from conducting research and defining the business problem, to working through various stages of the design process and how your solution met the goals.
- One “Hero” project that demonstrates how your solution delighted customers.
We bring life-saving support in times of disaster. We help poor communities to take charge of their futures. We provide small loans and training that boost family livelihoods. We work with policy makers to change the way the world is run. Our Christian faith teaches us that every child, regardless of gender, faith or race, is a precious gift to the entire world - and that their wellbeing concerns us all. We shall never rest while children suffer in situations that can be changed.
GTA's Top 100
Our Core Values:
We are committed to the Poor. We are Christian. We are Stewards. We value People. We are Partners. We are Responsive.
Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the core values and mission of the World Vision partnership.
World Vision Canada takes our Safeguarding responsibilities seriously and we provide an environment that is safe for our child and adult beneficiaries. We have strong recruitment procedures to make sure the safest and most suitable people work with the children in our programs. We provide our staff and volunteers with ongoing supervision, support and training in their work with child and adult beneficiaries.
World Vision Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.