Don't Miss This Opportunity!!!
We are seeking a professional Site First Aid/Safety Officer to work with the Site Supervisor, employees and sub trades to ensure a safe workplace and meet/exceed WorkSafe BC regulations. Reporting to the Site Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for directing and overseeing all safety and compliance issues for their assigned company site.
In addition to living in the beautiful Okanagan Valley, this position located in the Kelowna area, offers a full benefits package and competitive salary for the successful candidate.
Who We Are:
Scuka Enterprises is a driven, industry-leading construction company with over 30 years of experience in building strong communities in the Kelowna, British Columbia area. We pride ourselves on delivering outstanding levels of service and workmanship by building strong relationships that satisfy our clients design, project management and construction needs.
Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
- Assessing the extent of any work related injury or illness and treating to your level of training and referring to medical aid if necessary
- Ensuring compliance to the company safety manual, which includes but is not limited to filling out all forms required by WorkSafe and company COR certification requirements
- Daily site inspections and keeping track of all trades on site
- Orientations of all personnel on site
- Holding in-house safety meetings and regular head of trades meetings
- Executing and posting all necessary paperwork in first aid room and Site Supervisor’s office
- Maintaining a clean work site
- If time permits, general labor as required and any other tasks as needed
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 3-5+ years of demonstrated experience in site safety
- High school graduation diploma
- CSO or NCSO certifications or be willing to obtain such certifications
- High level of reliability and a positive attitude towards safety
- Good working knowledge of WSBC regulations and ability to source information on their website as needed
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Excellent problem solving and decision making/critical thinking skills
- Strong and effective communication skills to talk to trades and explain important safety issues
- Resourceful and have an ability to recall issues and situations with ease
- Computer skills are an asset including Microsoft Office
- Required: steel toe boots with ankle support, hard hat with first aid sticker on it, high visibility vest with pockets and a notebook
Don’t miss this opportunity to join a leading organization and become part of a dynamic, collaborative team of hard-working professionals. If you meet our qualifications, please forward your resume for consideration. Please note that only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in Scuka Enterprises!
Job Type: Full-time
- Site Safety: 3 years (Preferred)
- Level 3 First Aid Ticket (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- CSO or NCSO (Preferred)