The title of this position is Data Processing Operator, Class 1.
The principal and customary work of an employee in this class of employment consists in assisting computer users
and particularly in resolving hardware- or software-related prob
Responsibilities and Duties
The employee in this class of employment installs and configures computers and peripheral equipment; he or she connects computers and equipment and ensures their compatibility. He or she installs computer parts, such as cards, memory modules or network components; configures the equipment by setting jumpers; cleans, maintains and carries out minor repairs on the equipment.
He or she installs, configures and upgrades software and in-house programs according to standard procedures. He or she uses utility software, among others, to locate and resolve problems. He or she makes backup copies, copies, compresses or destroys files on various media and transfers data from one workstation or organization to another. He or she uses peripheral equipment, such as a digitizer or a printer particularly for mass productions in the order of priority he or she determines. According to specific instructions, the employee may be required to perform tasks on networks.
He or she provides users with technical assistance, including pertinent information; as needed, makes service calls to repair equipment and software or refers users to qualified personnel or suppliers.
He or she may keep and update the inventory of hardware and software.
He or she may be required to train new data processing operators, class I and to coordinate the work of support staff.
Qualifications and Skills
- Diploma of Vocational Studies in Computing Support or a diploma or an attestation of studies recognized as equivalent by the competent authority
- Two (2) years of pertinent experience
- Fluency in English (both oral and written) and have a strong working knowledge of French (both oral and written)
- Excellent knowledge in supporting various operating systems (Windows 10 Pro, Macintosh OS), standard desktop applications (Microsoft Office Suite), and IP networking
- Knowledge of installation and configuration of computers, peripheral equipment and software
- Ability to repair computer and related equipment
- Ability to communicate effectively, quickly develop relationships and maintain a high level of customer service
- Knowledge of inventory management
- Knowledge of current technological trends
- Ability to prioritize tasks by importance and deadlines
- Access to a car in order to be able to displace quickly and be present in several different schools in a given day
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $37,783.20 to $42,260.40 /year
- IT Support: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)