The Massage Therapy Association of Manitoba (MTAM), located in Winnipeg, is looking for an experienced, energetic, motivated, team-oriented individual to be our full-time Receptionist/Office Assistant to start in March 2019.
The MTAM is a not-for-profit association of over 1200 professional massage therapists, associate clinics, students and retired practitioners throughout Manitoba.
The ideal candidate for this role naturally embraces our differences and celebrates our members unique experiences and cultures. They are principled and act with the utmost diligence to protect the relationship with members and the integrity of the Association.
- A combination of Reception, Customer Service, Administration duties
- Answer the main phone line, take messages and direct calls
- Greet and assist members and visitors
- Build and maintain rapport with members to enhance the relationship and support the Association’s mission.
- Provide membership services over the phone, in-person, and by email
- Maintain filing systems
- Data entry
- Provide general administrative support to the other staff
- Create letters and reports
- Education event duties
- Other administrative duties as assigned
- Windows, Excel, and Word proficient
- Strong communication, high attention to detail, time management and problem-solving skills are a must
- Solid work ethic
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Criminal record check required
- Must be able to work some evenings and/or weekends, within the 37.5 weekly hours
- Must be willing and able to work overtime, including some evenings and/or weekends
The Ideal Candidate:
- 2+ years of experience in a role of Office Assistant/Reception or Administration
- High degree of Membership/Customer Service experience
- Self-starter; able to work independently, or in a team environment
- An interest or experience in working in the non-profit sector is an asset but not mandatory
- Must be able to multitask and deal with changing priorities that happen while working in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Office hours are generally from 9:00 am - 4:30 pm, however the hours for this position will vary according to our education and event schedule
We are a small office with a great culture and working environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $13.50 to $15.00 /hour
- Receptionist/Office Adminstration: 2 years (Preferred)
- customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
- Winnipeg, MB (Preferred)