Form & Affect is a digital-first creative agency. From our storefront studio in downtown St. Catharines, we execute specialized strategies and creative campaigns for clients ranging from small local start-ups to established global brands. Looking to do work that makes a difference? Our agency needs an inspired and creative Community Manager to join our close-knit team of designers, developers and storytellers.
- We’re looking for a mature and caring social media expert to inspire and facilitate conversations on our amazing clients’ many social platforms.
- The perfect candidate is obsessed with social — for this person, Instagram updates mean new opportunities.
- Our ideal candidate is an excellent communicator, expert multi-tasker and has a passion for helping others. We’re looking for someone who knows that relationship building is a vital part of the mix and believes that providing excellent customer service is a pleasure, not a headache. If you’re saying to yourself, ‘yup, that’s me!’ we want to hear from you.
Responsibilities and Duties
As our Community Manager, you’ll need to roll up your sleeves and take on a number of roles:
Content creator: Under the direction of our Brand Strategist, you’ll work with our clients to build content maps and editorial calendars. You’ll manage organic content to help create an always-on strategy for the client. This requires you to write copy and produce content for their social media platforms and email marketing campaigns, and use our in-house content studioto bring the creative vision to life.
Social media marketer: You’ll be the voice of the brand on social and the voice of the community for the client. You’ll create, manage and grow the presence of various brands on strategically relevant social properties including email marketing, and communicate the health of those brands to stakeholders as needed.
Graphic Designer: Taking guidance and assistance from our design team when needed, your self-starting approach and proficiency in a professional design program will help you create on-demand social graphics that align with the strategic objectives of the client. With an eye for detail and a keen sense of typography, you’ll be able to develop on-brand visuals in a myriad of required social channel formats at the drop of a hat.
Customer service collaborator: You’ll be responsible for identifying customer support cases and collaborating with clients to reach timely and professional resolutions across social accounts as necessary.
Student and teacher: You’ll stay up-to-date on social media best practices, trends, platforms and tools, and share the latest and greatest developments with the team.
Relationship builder: You’ll identify, develop and foster relationships with the best community members across various platforms. You’ll also need to maintain relationships with multiple internal stakeholders and partners. You’re not afraid to reach out to tastemakers or brands that could benefit our clients.
Analytics master: You’ll manage day-to-day monitoring and analytics programs and provide ongoing recommendations on how to optimize content and communications. You’ll also be responsible for monthly or quarterly reporting to the client on content and engagement performance, as well as social listening/campaign reporting as needed.
Guardian: You’ll uphold social media guidelines and policies across every interaction and touchpoint.
Qualifications and Skills
Here are a few things you’ll need for this position:
- A degree or diploma in Communications, Marketing, English/Journalism, PR or a related subject.
- 2-4 years experience working in social media on multiple accounts. This experience can be agency or client side.
- Passion for continuous learning and growth. You have experience and fluency in all industry standard and emerging platforms. You pride yourself on being up-to-date on marketing trends and best practices.
- Exceptionally strong writing and editing skills with experience optimizing content for individual platforms and audiences.
- Agency or equivalent experience designing branded visual content with a polished portfolio to prove it.
- Flexibility and adaptability. While you will need to be available during office hours for the client, we’ll also need you to pitch occasionally in the evening or on weekends.
- The ability to multi-task and work with a variety of personalities, while keeping your calm during peak periods and crisis situations. You’ll need to be comfortable asking for assistance and providing support to team members.
- A critical thinker with strong analytical and problem solving skills. You understand processes and how to see the big picture. You’re also not afraid of research and reporting. In fact, you love it.
- A strong communicator, both in writing and in person. You know when it’s time to present an idea or make a business case and when it’s time to listen.
- A proactive self-starter, you’ll need to work well independently within a larger team. You stay aware of which resources are at your disposable and when to use each one.
- Resourcefulness. You present more solutions than problems and are always ready to collaborate.
- A valid driver’s license and transportation for content gathering and client meetings.
And some nice-to-haves:
- Experience developing and managing paid social media campaigns.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite.
- Design related credentials/diploma.
- Design portfolio.
- Crisis communication training and/or experience.
- Customer service background – in person or via social media—or a PR background.
We are located in an open office in the heart of downtown St. Catharines. We know our neighbours by name, and take frequent ice cream breaks. We’re business casual - jeans are fine, but we read the room and dress accordingly for client meetings and when representing the agency in the community.
Get in Touch
If this sounds like a role made for you, we’d love to chat and maybe have you meet the team. Send us an email with an intro to yourself and description of your relevant past work with your current resume attached.
Job Type: Full-time