Who we are:
For over 100 years, Superior Glove Works Ltd. (Superior Glove) has led the industrial safety market in the design and manufacture of innovative, high-quality gloves and sleeves. Based out of Acton, Ontario in Canada, Superior Glove has grown from humble beginnings to a global contender with facilities all over the world and a product offering of over 3,500 different gloves and sleeves. Superior Glove offers leading-edge safety gloves and sleeves to protect against a multitude of hazards including cuts, impacts, punctures, abrasion, heat, and cold.
Who we are looking for:
Are you an enthusiastic team player? Are you looking for your next career challenge and appreciate working in a family-oriented environment? Do you have a passion for safety and training programs that support a safe work environment? If so, we have a great opportunity for you!
Superior Glove Works Ltd. is currently seeking a Health & Safety Specialist to work in its Acton, ON location.
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Human Resources & Health and Safety Specialist is responsible for leading the Health and Safety initiatives for Acton and support for all our other locations. This role also assists with the development of Health & Safety policies, programs, guidelines and procedures. While ensuring adherence to company mission, vision and values, the Health & Safety Specialist will provide support, encouragement and feedback to the employees and leaders to help with Performance Management, legislative compliance, recruiting, recognition, training, safety, communications etc. You are our in-house expert on all things safety.
The ideal candidate will have superior people skills, be a highly organized and motivated individual with the ability to multitask. You will be a positive individual that is solution orientated, dedicated to providing the highest level of support in each customer interaction.
- Track record of Health and Safety improving compliance and process improvement.
- Provide expert advise including recommendations for hand safety in different industries to field sales team.
- Ensure H&S programs, procedures, and reports are developed, implemented, and reported in a timely manner.
- Administer H&S program, training and coordinating and leading JHSC meetings as a certified management member.
- Develop, implement, set up and provide required training for all facility employees on safe work practices, policies, procedures, standards and reporting related to health and safety
- Conduct internal safety audits, track and update action items.
- Lead and monitor closure of action items for hazard analysis assessments, new equipment and/or process safety reviews and any other health and safety related assessments.
- Review H&S related KPI’s in order to target areas of improvement for all locations.
· Maintain all documentation and stats (KPI’s) related to Accidents/Incidents & submit monthly.
· Uphold the highest standard of internal and external customer service at all times.
- Implement and improve HR and Health & Safety policies, guidelines and practices to meet company unique needs and comply with legal requirements.
· First Aid / WSIB reporting, tracking and follow ups
· Responsible for Contractor Safety Program, including gathering of clearance certificates and insurances
· Modified work program for Work and Non-work related accommodations, FAF completion and communication to leaders, doctors, team members in conjunction with HR Rep
· Responsible for Standards compliance on Boards and forms, communications
· Supports proactive Health and Safety initiatives to minimize/eliminate risk and safety issues
· Maintain Emergency Response Plan, SOP and PDA creation/support.
· Take on additional duties as required on the HR team for cross-functional support and growth opportunity such as recruiting, training, HRIS, project work.
· Perform other duties as required
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Post-secondary education in Occupational Health & Safety or Human Resources or related field.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience providing Health & Safety support to an industrial/manufacturing or distribution/logistics business.
- Working knowledge of ESA, OHSA, and AODA etc. with demonstrated knowledge of all applicable laws and regulations governing employment.
- Familiarity with NIOSH would be considered an asset.
- Certified JHSC Member with proven experience in leading JHSC meetings.
- Certified First Aid Trained.
- Working towards a CRSP designation would be an asset.
- Experience in performing ergonomic, hazard and work site assessments across multiple industries is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with machine guarding, working at heights, LOTO, TDG and the ability to train.
- Competencies include dealing with difficult situations, analytical thinking, time management, thoroughness and communication proficiency.
- Ability to speak with a high level of professionalism and presence to individuals or groups.
- Exceptional attention to detail and committed to a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent grammar, business letter and report writing skills.
- Understand and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
· Proven experience proactively structuring Health and Safety programs in accordance with the O.H.S.A.
Why work for us?
Would you like an opportunity to contribute new ideas, where new perspectives are welcomed? How would you like to become a part of an innovative, family oriented and fast-growing organization? How does this also sound to you?
· Listed as one of 2020’s Canada’s top 100 small to medium Employers!
· Named one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies 7th consecutive year in a row!
· Winner of Halton Hills 2017 Environmental Excellence Award
· Health, Dental and Extended Benefits
· Group RRSP Plan, Employee Assistance and Education Assistance Programs
· Join our online company Recognition Program, gain access to fantastic rewards
· Enjoy Fresh fruit Mondays, Snack Box and subsidized coffee program,
· Access to our on-site fitness equipment, “Grab and Go” bikes, game room, and more
· As part of the “family” you can join in on our community involvement, staff lunch adventures, annual barbeques and much more!
We are a family owned and operated company meeting international standards by
“Improving Occupational Hand Protection through Innovation”.
Please send your resume and cover letter with “Health & Safety Specialist” in the subject line. Please apply by midnight on Thursday, August 20th, 2020.
Superior Glove strives to create a respectful, accessible, and inclusive work environment. Upon individual request, the company will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates with disabilities.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- hazard and ergonomic assessment: 3 years (Preferred)
- manufacturing / industrial: 3 years (Required)
- Health & Safety: 3 years (Required)
- First Aid (Required)
- JHSC Part 1 and 2 (Required)