Position: Personal Support Worker
Location: Brighton and Surrounding Area
Job Status: Full, Part Time and Casual Work
Hours of Work/Shifts: Available to Work Days, Nights and Weekends
A-Supreme Nursing for years has been providing care on a part time, temporary or full-time basis in Long Term Care and Retirement facilities and is committed to fostering a compassionate and nurturing environment for our clients and their families.
Our mission is to provide the highest quality of healthcare services in a manner that contributes to the physical, psychological, and social well-being of the patients and community we serve. We believe in providing a work environment where each person is valued, and respected. We are looking for individuals who understand the importance in providing the highest quality of compassionate care and safety to patients in a variety of locations throughout Ontario.
Required Qualification Include, but are not limited to:
- Current Personal Support Worker Certificate
- Valid and current CPR HCP or BLS and First Aid Certification
- Basic computer skills
- Work independently and collaboratively with an inter professional team in a fast-paced changing environment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and communication skills
- Effective observational, organizational and problem-solving skills
- Possess a complete police reference check with Vulnerable Sector Screening (within the last twelve months)
- Updated vaccinations
- TB Step 2 Test or chest x-ray
Preferred Qualification Include, but are not limited to:
- One to two years of recent relevant work experience
- Possession of a valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Knowledge of CPI, Mental Health, Diabetes and Dementia are assets
- Proven commitment to ongoing professional development
Job Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Possess a strong client-centered approach with patients and family in a professional and courteous manner
- Ability to effectively manage challenging situations and assess, anticipate and respond to patients’ requirements
- Proven punctuality in attendance is a must
- Provide assistance with activities of daily living that involve the patient’s cognitive and physical well being
- Maintains a safe environment for patients and staff
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality in all areas of responsibility
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA) if you require accommodation in the application process, please ensure to let us know in advance and we will work toward meeting your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual