Bursting With Opportunities! Founded in 2005, Redberry Group is one of the largest quick-service restaurant franchisees in Canada with more than 130 locations under the BURGER KING® and Pizza Hut banners spread across four provinces. The Redberry-owned BURGER KING® restaurants represent 40% of all Canadian BURGER KING® locations. Known as the “HOME OF THE WHOPPER®”, we are seeking people like you to come work for the second largest fast food hamburger chain in the world.
The King has a job for you
‘Manager in Training' is a developmental opportunity where you will be trained on the following responsibilities. You will act as a full time support to the Restaurant Manager. The scope of this position is to eventually transition successful candidates in to the role of a BK Restaurant Manager, which will be evaluated by periodic performance and operational need.
Reporting to the Restaurant General Manager (RGM), the Manager in Training (MIT) is responsible for assisting with the daily operations of a single restaurant (10-45 employees) while ensuring delivery of quality food and guest satisfaction. The MIT is accountable for maximizing sales and profitability while maintaining QSC standards, implementing all corporate policies and procedures, ensuring training and development of management and crew, and achieving desired restaurant outcomes as directed by the business or as assigned by management
Why us, you ask?
· Health & safety measures
· Flexible working hours
· On–the–job paid training
· Meal discounts
· Free uniform shirt & hat
· Growth opportunities
· Health benefits
· Above all else, RESPECT, FUN AT WORK & NEW FRIENDSHIPS.
Skills & Qualifications:
· High School Diploma or GED required, 2 years of college preferred
· 2-4 years of restaurant management experience
· Ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
· Strong leadership and development skills to contribute to achievement of team goals and promote teamwork
· Strong problem solving skills to resolve consumer and restaurant issues in a prompt and courteous manner
· Strong math and Windows-based computer literacy to manage the restaurant budget and set guidelines for operating within that budget
· Demonstrates the ability to apply knowledge and skills to a range of activities including complex tasks; may act as a technical resource to others
· Demonstrates the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
· Demonstrates the ability to prioritize and organizes own and others’ work time to meet deadlines and objective
- Ability to bend, twist, lift up to 30lbs and stand for long periods of time
Redberry is an equal opportunity employer committed to accommodating people with special needs and welcomes applications from all interested parties. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process in accordance with Redberry’s applicable policies when such needs are known and requested in advance.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $40,000.00 per year
- customer service: 1 year (Preferred)