You’re a unique combination: the heart of a designer, a passion for healthcare and the mind of a technician.
So many jobs offer you the chance to apply your talents in one or the other. Wouldn’t it be wonderful to find a job where you can exercise your full range of skills? Now imagine that job also offered career growth, a vibrant work culture, and a purpose that makes the world better.
We are Contemporary Office Interiors, and this is where you belong.
As a privately-owned Herman Miller certified dealer, we prioritize people, productivity and value to create more than a place to work— we create a space to succeed.
Our passion is creating a better world for all of us. We work for the health and wellbeing of our customers, our employees, the environment, and the community. We do all this by providing furnishings and related services that improve the human experience, wherever people work, heal, learn, and live. In the end, the solutions we invent help our customers’ organizations (and our own) perform better.
We’re looking to hire a healthcare designer to add to our design team, and we hope our search ends with you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. DESIGN PROCESS
- Review/define scope of work related to new projects
- Attend client planning meetings; or get briefed by Sales person or Project Manager on critical meeting information (may present plans and information to client for review and approvals)
- Review site, conduct field measurements, and plan-to-site adherence checks
- Inventory existing product; produce as-built drawings/specifications
- Conduct in-depth programming, interview customers/end users, research workplace requirements, analyze space/furniture needs
- Develop and present block and space plans; gain customer approval
- Develop finished working drawing for specification and installation; validate plans against construction, electrical engineering, and A&D drawing sets; gain customer approval
- Develop product specifications; submit projects to design partner for double-check
- Double check specifications against plans; get specification order-entry ready; procure sales sign-off and double check of specifications against plans
- Continuous learning to ensure we are the knowledge experts on all new products/applications
2. DEPARTMENTAL PRACTICES
- Assist in the writing and presentation of design proposals and contracts to customers
- Maintain detailed and extensive project documentation, including records of all key decisions, phone conversations, approvals and sign-offs, and notes form all project planning meetings (original copies to be scanned into project folder)
- Communicate regularly with Sales regarding design project status
- Maintain and improve drawing standards and efficiencies
- Adhere to departmental processes – Drawing standards, saving conventions, folder structure, continuous learning etc.
3. COORDINATION / PLANNING
- Collaborating and coordinating client drawings with Sales, Account Managers and/or design colleagues
- Conduct/attend pre-installation meetings with COI Project Management and Installation Coordinator/Lead
- Company Policies
- Design process training with local Senior designer(s)
- Herman Miller on-line product training- both healthcare and corporate applications
- Periodically accompany installation crews to site installations for on-hand training
Must be proficient in all programs listed below and remain current with periodical upgrading/training
· Microsoft Office- outlook, word and excel
· AutoCAD 2019
Programs that will be required to learn within a 3-6 month period (Proprietary Software)
· 20-20 Software – worksheet and cap studio
· CET Designer
Other technical skills required:
· Strong knowledge of interior design/architectural field and current practices
· Understanding of healthcare environment issues (cleaning regulations, ergonomics, technology integration, etc.)
· Working knowledge of company’s contract furniture lines, including features/benefits, pricing, application and assembly, specification options and nomenclature, etc.
· Working knowledge of applicable building codes, ADA (Barrier Free) regulations, etc.
· Understanding of contract furniture processes, including order preparation, project management, order management, and delivery/installation
Behavioral and Non-technical skills required:
· Conduct responsible interfaces with: Client, Contractor, Subcontract trades, Clients A&D firm, Electrician, Clients IT group, etc.
· Conduct responsible interfaces with: Project Coordinators and Operations/Installation groups
· Interpersonal and communication skills to interact effectively with a wide range of people both within and outside the company
· Strong organizational and administrative skills
· Good oral and written communication abilities
· High level attention to detail
· Demonstrate commitment to professionalism, integrity and sound judgment in business transactions, and provide the highest level of customer satisfaction
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
BFA, BA or BS in Interior Design, Architecture and/or equivalent education and experience (e.g. Architectural Technologist). Prior experience with architectural drafting, interior design, and CAD required. Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills. Professional attitude with the ability to work under pressure.
Salary is expected to be between $40,000 and $45,000, commensurate with experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Architectural Drawing: 1 year (required)
- Interior Design: 1 year (required)
- CAD: 1 year (required)
- Healthcare Design: 1 year (required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place