Cosma provides a comprehensive range of body, chassis and engineering solutions to global customers. Through our robust product engineering, outstanding tooling capabilities and diverse process expertise, we continue to bring lightweight and innovative products to market.
Located in Milton, Ontario, Modatek Systems is a divsion of Magna International. At Modatek, our dedicated team produce chassis systems utilizing innovative hydroforming, automated welding, and electrostatic coating processes within a large, safety-focused facility. Role Summary
Material handling of incoming and outgoing shipments of product to production, primarily by use of a motorized forklift, reach truck, tow tractor, tractor (tugger) in a safe and timely fashion while maintaining inventory levels, labelling and documentation. Key Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain effective communications with production, quality and engineering.
- Maintains inventory by identifying, labelling, and placing materials and supplies in stock and recording location of inventory.
- Cycle counts as instructed and maintains FIFO and Inventory Control systems.
- Locates materials and supplies by pulling and verifying materials and supplies listed on production orders.
- Documents materials and supplies disposition by recording units delivered and the locations of the units.
- Prepares finished stock for shipment by identifying, pulling, packing, crating, loading, securing and labelling product.
- Completes documents for material movements, as required.
- Maintenance of material handling equipment through pre-use inspections and making operator repairs.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Practice and promote continuous improvement of materials processes and take advantage of cost reduction opportunities.
- Required to work with all departments and assigned areas; current production lines, pick/pack area and shipping and receiving.
- Load/unload trucks and truck inspections when shipping or receiving
- Follow and comply with all Operational Procedures / Policies as stated in the Team Member Handbook, Quality and Environmental programs (i.e. TS16949, ISO14001)
- Understand, promote and live by Magna’s philosophies and Employee Charter
- Adhere to Modatek’s core values; integrity, respect, trust, honesty, fairness and loyalty
- Perform other duties as required
- Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills.
- Applicants will have one (1) year verifiable driving experience.
- Must be computer literate, preferable experience with an inventory scanning system.
- All successful candidates will be required to participate and pass a Forklift Operator Training Course (theory & practical)
- Able to work three-shift rotation.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to uphold confidentiality
- Demonstrates the ability to work effectively within team environment
- Ability to work overtime to meet customer needs
What We Have To Offer
- Our people are our greatest asset. As a valued Modatek team member, we offer you:
- A great work experience with a dedicated and diverse workforce
- A focus on safety, health and wellness, including a corporate wellness program, fitness membership discounts, and a subsidized cafeteria with health concious options
- Competitive extended health benefits
- A group RRSP with employer matching
- Participation int he Employee Equity and Profit Sharing Plan
- Company paid uniforms, allowances for prescription safety glasses, earplugs and safety shoes
- Staff appreciation events
- Continuous training and development, including an educational reimbursement program
Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.