Do you love working outdoors with a lot of variety in your work day? Ontario Parks is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic individual to join the team as a Maintenance Group Leader, supervising and leading the maintenance and operation of water and wastewater system. If this sounds like something you would be excellent at, then consider this opportunity with Sandbanks Provincial Park.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As a member of the Sandbanks team, under the general supervision of the Assistant Park Superintendent, you will:
- carry out a variety of electrical, plumbing, and mechanical maintenance and repair duties to park facilities, vehicles and equipment
- provide leadership in the maintenance and monitoring of water and sewage systems.
- provide group leadership to other staff and students
- ensure park operating and capital maintenance standards are maintained
How do I qualify?
- You must have a valid class 'G' driver's licence or equivalent, as recognized by the Province of Ontario. The offer of employment is conditional upon the successful candidate providing proof that s/he has a valid driver's licence upon being hired.
- You are able to work shifts, weekends and statutory holidays as per schedule.
- You can perform maintenance and monitor functions associated with the water and sewage systems to ensure safe drinking and bathing water quality.
- You possess working knowledge of semi-skilled tasks usually associated with skilled trades such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical and automotive.
- You have working knowledge of and ability to operate and maintain provincial park facilities (i.e. campsites, day use, and comfort stations).
- You are knowledgeable of and have the ability to operate, maintain and perform minor repairs to a variety of light powered equipment (i.e. chainsaws, brush cutters, lawnmowers, boats, small hand tools).
Leadership and communication skills:
- You have knowledge of maintenance and construction practices and the ability to interpret construction drawings, blueprints.
- You possess working knowledge of services and operating regulations to perform all regulatory inspections and assessments, assist with overall park maintenance operations and assist in the development of new mechanical systems.
- You have the ability to interpret and apply policies, procedures, and directives such as the Occupational Health and Safety Act and those regulations made under the act that apply to the workplace and work being performed.
- You possess demonstrated group leadership and interpersonal skills to provide direction and guidance to staff on processes and maintenance tasks.
- You have strong communication skills to answer inquiries, provide guidance and produce documents.
- You possess mathematical skills to conduct maintenance and construction work.
- You have analytical skills with ability to use effective judgement and problem-solving.
- You possess computer skills to access and input information.
- You possess organizational skills to deal with competing demands.
1 Temporary - Seasonal, duration up to 29 weeks, 3004 County Rd 12, Sandbanks Provincial Park, Picton, East Region
Ontario Public Service Employees Union
Understanding the job ad - definitions
Wednesday, March 3, 2021
The information that you provide for the purpose of this competition and the results from this competition may be used to fill other positions These positions may be of various tenures including short-term assignments. Your information and the results from this competition will be retained for the purpose of filling vacancies in accordance with the applicable collective agreement or policy provisions.